got a question about flashing a new rom...
So I have been rooted before, but always went with stock rom. I currently am running rooted stock kit kat, and installed twrp today. I'm thinking of trying cloudy 1.2 , and did a full backup of stock beforehand. My question is this, if I run cloudy and don't like it, if I restored my backup, will it put my phone back in the previous state it was in, with all my apps saved?
- 07-16-2014, 08:49 AM #2
- 07-16-2014, 11:52 AM #4
Re: got a question about flashing a new rom...
I would highly recommend getting an OTG USB cable and a thumb drive, you can backup and flash ROMs from the USB stick via TWRP... it is nice in case you accidentally wipe your phone since many ROMs recommend doing a factory reset. It isn't necessary, but it can be very handy. The USB OTG cable can be had for under $5 shipped from Amazon or eBay.
And Golfdriver97 is correct, when doing a backup in TWRP, the entire phone, less the bootstrap and recovery, are backed up in a format called "nandroid"... a restore can be done bringing the phone back to the exact state it was in prior to the backup.
- 07-17-2014, 05:39 AM #6
- By Radon007 in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 4Last Post: 09-07-2014, 03:14 AM
- By Index77 in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 26Last Post: 08-22-2014, 06:05 AM
- By bmaz121 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-16-2014, 03:52 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-15-2014, 09:51 PM
- By DeavenMitchell in forum HTC One M8Replies: 3Last Post: 07-15-2014, 06:41 PM