Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen dead spot

I'm having an issue where my g2's knock on feature has stopped working (anywhere on the screen) and my phone has developed a dead spot across the top of the screen. The dead spot is a straight line, but it's a bit inconsistent (here's a screen shot of it http://imgur.com/UJM0dJB)

It started immediately after removing and then reinserting the SIM card, followed by a reboot (my brother thought it was an SD card slot and wanted to play his music).

Has anyone seen this before or does anyone know of a fix?

Default Re: Screen dead spot

No fix it is a known issue with vzw tech support. It's within the one year they'll send you a replacement.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I have the same issue. Like to know what caused it. I'm now looking at different phones. I like the G2 but don't want to get another one and it does it again. If any one has a fix I would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by fantic View Post
    I have the same issue. Like to know what caused it. I'm now looking at different phones. I like the G2 but don't want to get another one and it does it again. If any one has a fix I would appreciate it.
    try the steps here: How to fix LG G2 KNOCK ON NOT WORKING issue

Both mine and my wife's G2 had the exact same issue, dead screen area and knock on fail. I didn't find out about this potential fix until after I had sent it in for exchange. Please report back and let us know if it work.

I cannot get anything to happen when I type in the "3845#*980#...(my model number is 980). I'm not sure if the menu is supposed to automatically appear after typing the last #, but nothing happens. And, if I hit the send, I just get a "Welcome to Verizon Wireless we cannot complete your call" recording.

There were other hidden menu instructions (Dial: ##228378 + send (Verizon)), and I do get the menu for that, but I cannot run the AATFull test because nothing happens when I try to press the screen for that option (although I can scroll up and down, it does not allow me to select it even though that option is illuminated). And the option to Update Touch Firmware is nowhere to be found.

Um, help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gleadogg View Post
    I cannot get anything to happen when I type in the "3845#*980#...(my model number is 980). I'm not sure if the menu is supposed to automatically appear after typing the last #, but nothing happens. And, if I hit the send, I just get a "Welcome to Verizon Wireless we cannot complete your call" recording.

There were other hidden menu instructions (Dial: ##228378 + send (Verizon)), and I do get the menu for that, but I cannot run the AATFull test because nothing happens when I try to press the screen for that option (although I can scroll up and down, it does not allow me to select it even though that option is illuminated). And the option to Update Touch Firmware is nowhere to be found.

Um, help?

Thanks
    for sprint try 5689#*980#