Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default password required for downloading?

is there a way to turn a password on for all downloads? I don't want my daughter jacking my phone with a bunch of apps and stuff. she is 3 by the way

Global Posts
    4,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: password required for downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Shayne View Post
    is there a way to turn a password on for all downloads? I don't want my daughter jacking my phone with a bunch of apps and stuff. she is 3 by the way
    Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

There isn't necessarily a way to lock downloads with a password. There are ways to lock apps however. I assume you want to lock the play store app. You can use the Applock app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobile.applock) so she won't be able to easily download apps.

Optional: For double protection, you can go to the settings>user controls> and select "Require password for purchases" so she won't accidentally buy anything.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Default Re: password required for downloading?

I'm assuming you let your little one play games on your phone. If correct, you can simply set up guest mode on the G2. With the guest mood you get to choose what apps the guest can use. Pretty slick.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by: