Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon lgg2 update to 4.4.4 w/ knock code

When are we getting this upgrade.been waiting awhile
    I check and it says my phone is up to date..showing 4.4.2

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Verizon lgg2 update to 4.4.4 w/knock code

We don't really know when devices will get updates. There are usually rumored dates for different devices, but those aren't always the most reliable.
    You'll get the update within the same time frame as the other carrier versions are getting them, so I'd keep an eye out for those.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    We don't really know when devices will get updates. There are usually rumored dates for different devices, but those aren't always the most reliable.
    You'll get the update within the same time frame as the other carrier versions are getting them, so I'd keep an eye out for those.

if u think vzw releases software updates "within the same time frame as other carriers" you havent owned a stock rom verizon android phone before...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulator View Post
    if u think vzw releases software updates "within the same time frame as other carriers" you havent owned a stock rom verizon android phone before...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not exactly within a couple of days, but they were good about updates for several phones that I recall. Some of the GS4 updates came to VZW before they did to T-Mo, which is usually one of the first.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I'm pretty sure all the other carriers already got the knock code update which is not specific to 4.4.4
    We're stuck waiting as usual, with no word on when we'll get it.

Posted via Android Central App

Even my G3 is still on 4.4.2. Verizon has always been the last one to produce the update.

(Also, most of their updates break things, so I never accept the update until I've read all of the issues with it, then I make my decision. For this, you must be rooted with Titanium backup to freeze the update, otherwise you'll be getting asked daily to accept it or not.)
    Proud owner of: Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon 64GB & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, M8, White LG G3, and iPhone 6

LG G2 Android L Update Release Confirmed

According to TuttoAndroid, who had a Google Hangout with one of the head LG product managers in Italy, the LG G2 will receive Android L in 2015, but that’s about all the details he was able to give. The new LG G3 debuted in May and eventually arrived in June, then for all carriers throughout the United States in early July.