OTA Update Just Came Down

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Got the update available here too. Haven't downloaded yet tho.
From what I've read on xda, some have claimed better signal strength on 25B.
Edit--it was 25A folks were getting better signal with. No early reports on 25B.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
In reading what it's about, it sounds as though they're upgrading to the ability to make HD calls so they can charge us more for doing so.

Yet still no knock code. Every other carrier has it now. Ridiculous.

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I thought for sure it would be the Knock Code too....but still we wait.

I don't think that they are charging extra for HD calls. It's not supposed to count against your data plan.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
That is strange about the knock code still missing. We've had it for a long time now. What gives Verizon?

Posted via Android Central App w/G2

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
That is strange about the knock code still missing. We've had it for a long time now. What gives Verizon?

Posted via Android Central App w/G2

Because Verizon.

Anyone who has installed... Does it at least have ART in dev options?

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
the funny part is i was just messing around on my phone settings and i thought "hey let me just check for fun if there's a new update". imagine my surprise when it was there (i hadn't been reading the forums so i had no idea that a new update came out).

anyway it takes awhile to install, but from the early things i've read about it, i don't expect many changes.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
This Update was never meant to be anything past 4.4.2.. This Update is specifically a Verizon VOLTE Update, with a bunch of other Minor Updates!! They have already discussed that Knock Code would be in Future Firmware Updates... Which they have confirmed that the G2 Will be getting 4.4.4 and 5 If not jump straight to 5, but they have NOT confirmed a timeline!

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
This Update was never meant to be anything past 4.4.2.. This Update is specifically a Verizon VOLTE Update, with a bunch of other Minor Updates!! They have already discussed that Knock Code would be in Future Firmware Updates... Which they have confirmed that the G2 Will be getting 4.4.4 and 5 If not jump straight to 5, but they have NOT confirmed a timeline!

Because they never have a time line.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

I've not seen any confirmation that it will get 4.4.4 or Android L. I've seen it rumored. Care to share a link?

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Just Activated Advanced Calling 1.0 on my Account, Restarted my LG G2 and VOLTE is live! Now... To call a G2 or S5 phone to text it... <_<
Screenshot_2014-09-15-22-02-11.jpgScreenshot_2014-09-15-22-02-31.jpgScreenshot_2014-09-15-22-20-50.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax