Phone getting hot & short battery life

KellyOYeah

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought my G2 shortly after it was released by VZW and loved everything about it especially the long battery life compared to the Moto Droid Rzer I just replaced. I was getting almost 2 days with regular usage. Then came KitKat...I downloaded the update without doing a FDR and then the best part of the phone started to suck. Then just the other day my phone got real hot in my pocket and the battery was down to 80% in less than 20 minutes from being removed from the charger. That's when I did the FDR, cleaned up the apps and just like that the battery is back! Today my G2 has lasted almost 34 hrs. straight with normal usage. So do yourself a favor...FDR!
a4esezuv.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for letting us know! Issues like this can often be resolved with a system cache partition wipe as well, but one of the shortcomings of LG phones is the inability to do that if you're unrooted.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What is it about doing an FDR that fixes the phone?

It's hard to know for sure, but the FDR probably clears out a lot of old temporary data in the system logs and caches that can interfere with normal operation. That's why we often recommend a system cache partition wipe (by booting into the Recovery Menu) after system updates or when a device is acting strangely. The problem with LG phones is that they don't give the user access to the Recovery Menu unless you root the phone and install a custom recovery.

llangrn

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
How do you do a FDR and does it take phone back to factory state (meaning I would have to re install all of my apps, etc). My problem is the phone gets hot when I'm not using it and the battery life has seriously gone downhill since I got the phone in Jan. Are there any apps that can fix this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde