Unlocked and rooting... some questions

korboy

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello I have a Verizon lg G2 and it is factory unlocked.
if I root my phone.. will my phone no longer be unlocked?

Also... my phone seems to only be getting 3g and not lte connection is there a way to change that? At&t is my carrier and I changed the apn according to the att settings... it used to be only 2.5g but I changed the settings so that I now have 3g

also at the very top of the phone there is a grey sim card with a question mark on it.. how do I get rid of that?

Thank you.

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
You will not lose the unlock. If you go into settings, mobile network, change your network type to global. You will get lte if your carrier supports the bands that's are built in the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon G2 does not support LTE in most AT&T markets, there maybe a few places in the coyntry where you can if your lucky.

The grey SIM icon is a warning meaning a non-Verizon SIM is installed, the only to make it go away is to flash a custom ROM.

You may not have discovered it yet, but MMS is problematic using the built in messaging app, you should switch to Hangouts, Textra, Handcent or something else, flashing a custom ROM fixes this as well.

You should reliably get "4G" HSPA+ on AT&T's network using the normal phone APN on your phone.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure you can also use gravitybox or G2 tweaks box to hide that SIM icon.

Posted via Android Central App
Possibly... I don't use Xposed anymore though, had too many weird issues and it doesn't support ART runtime. That and AICP ROM does more than just about any Xposed mods can and its built into the ROM, plus using an AOSP ROM eliminates any MMS issues.