Phone reverting to vibrate overnight

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Since the recent update, not sure if this is related, but my wife's phone changes from her usual ringtone to being set to vibrate every night.

Any idea on why this is happening and how to stop it?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does she habitually turn the ringer volume all the way down before going to sleep? On most Android phones, if you lower the ringer volume one step below mute, it will activate vibrate mode.

psugrad97

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same issue. Happens every night. I don't touch my volume. Checked quiet mode as well. Nothing set. Don't understand it.

Posted via the Android Central App

g2volumeprobs

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue -- I put my phone on silent every night, and it is set to a low ringer volume when I wake up. Started after installing the 26A update last week.

ksmarq5

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with vibrate switching on at night. Check scheduled settings under quiet mode menu. Mine showed as being switched off but when clicking into that setting it showed as being on for M-F. I unchecked each day and switched the setting to off which fixed my problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That worked! Thanks. Odd that you have to turn it on, uncheck, then turn it off again. Must have been something in the recent update.