Updates for rooted lg g2

cmmccaig

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
OK I rooted my lg g2, no custom Rom, just unlocked. Running kit kat. If I update my phone software, will I have to root my phone again? Will I be able to root with the lollipop software? Another issue I am having is I have lost the notification for voicemail. How do I get that back? Thanks.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
OK I rooted my lg g2, no custom Rom, just unlocked. Running kit kat. If I update my phone software, will I have to root my phone again? Will I be able to root with the lollipop software? Another issue I am having is I have lost the notification for voicemail. How do I get that back? Thanks.

If you have stock recovery KitKat to KitKat should work fine... Lollipop is questionable but you will definitely lose root and it likely won't be bootable on the G2 for a while with changes of how root works in lollipop.

What voicemail, Verizon, Gmail, or something else? If Verizon, what did you freeze, disable, or remove in the way of anything Verizon for apps or services?

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Voicemail notification is also controlled in VZW's voicemail system settings when you phone in to retrieve your voicemails. You might have accidentally turned off the notification listening to a voicemail one day. I know it happens, as my wife did that one day. So, phone in and make sure that notification is still on.

As for root, I immediately freeze updater so that I won't loose root, then wait for the forum persons to tell me that the root still works on the update. Once I hear that, I go ahead and update, otherwise I don't. I don't remember what version I'm on, but it hasn't been updated this year.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
FYI... It seems a lot of Nexus owners are finding out if they have modified their device in ANY way at all, the OTA is failing, even just a simple root with everything else completely stock is causing the OTA update to fail, even when sideloaded. This is pure Android though, it is unknown if the LG update with be same or not, just something to keep in mind.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800