Lollipop on G2

Tim Bliznik

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know when and if were getting Lollipop..haven't heard anything..I know Verizon's history when it comes to updates,but if it's not here by April 2015,I'm going back to Apple..they at least know how to push out an update

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
You would move to a whole 'nother OS just because you don't get an update? Obviously you don't care that much about Lollipop itself, because you'd move to a whole 'nother OS that isn't similar to L in function just because you didn't get updated. #logic I have nothing against those who prefer and/or use iOS (the users themselves, I personally detest iOS), or hop OS's, I just cannot for the life of me see the 'logic' presented here.

But, BOT - I think the G2 will be getting L by spring '15, probably a bit after the G3 gets it.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's that he cares or doesn't care about Lollipop in and of it's self but the frustration that comes with purchasing a "Flagship" phone but being left out in the cold thanks to Android fragmentation brought on by the necessity for every OEM/Manufacturer/Carrier to tweak the phone and never getting timely updates. The one advantage iOS has is that it DOES make the OS available to all handsets (capable of running it) AT THE SAME TIME. Android has never been able to figure out a way to force/bribe/cajole it's OEMs to remotely support upgrades in a timely fashion.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's not hard to get Lollipop on G2... It's amazing actually, 6 hrs SOT and 2 days of 100% LTE on a single charge!

(Yes, I am trolling slightly)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-03-15-51-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-03-15-51-16.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 31

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci