Camera Quality

awren1813

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Ive had my LG G2 since February, and have it running Android KitKat 4.4.2. I noticed with my camera recently that my pictures look horrible. I looked on the back of the phone and my camera lens looked super scratched up. I have it it the Ballistic case since I got the phone. I have tried using toothpaste to clean up the lens, but that hasn't worked. Is there anything I can do to fix my camera problem? I also have done factory resets, clearing app data and all the sorts. No warranty service available either. I have found that putting tape over the lens (the ultraclear kind) will fox the problem until it gets dirty. Thanks guys.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming it's not the plastic covering that you forgot to remove that got scratched, a lens that size is almost never reground (which is about the only way to get the scratches completely out). Plastic lenses aren't either. About th smallest thing I've ever seen ground, except for kicks, was a 3" telescope mirror. Smaller than that and the amount of effort to regrind it FAR exceeds the cost or replacement (even replacing the whole camera module). You're talking hours of work by an experienced (therefore, highly paid) person. Toothpaste? About all that can do is cause a bit of distortion, because you're not grinding (toothpaste is an abrasive) it to the correct curve.

awren1813

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I did remove the blue rim around the metal, but am unsure about the plastic covering. I've pocked at the glass and haven't had any plastic come off, so I'm guessing its been removed. And what do you mean by grinding glass? The LG G2 has a sapphire glass lens too, if that's useful. I don't plan on buying a new camera module either, as I don't want to fully open the device. Thanks though for your answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non