Can I recover this LG G2 ? (snow all over )

DavidinCT

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a WP guy but, wanted to give android a fair shot. So I grabbed this LG G2 in White that has a problem and I am trying to get to bottom of. I do not know the history on this phone but, the phone itself is in mint shape, one little mark and looks like it's had a screen protector on for it's entire life, so if I can recover it, I would like to.

The phone boots up and just get snow across the screen (see attached photo). The touch screen works and sound works. I can touch the screen and hear clicking when I hit certain spots. If I connect to the PC, the drive shows up and it works as it should. It charges via USB but, the wireless charging does not work.

So under testing, most of this phone works fine. Figuring this possibly could be bricked, I tried to restore back to stock, with a lot of effort (guessing where the power off button comes on the screen, to get it into boot loader mode).

Using this method..
VERIZON ONLY Revert to stock GUIDE [UPDATED] (XDA showthread.php?t=2448960 ) -Even though I am a high poster over at WPC, I cant post links here

It said 100% successful. Now by touching the screen, the only place is towards the bottom, assuming now setup screen. It's still showing snow across the screen but, time to time, I will see like 1/2 of the ICONs across the top of the screen but, they are static and don't change.

With this being said, I know the LG G2 very well, I have had a few go through my hands, and I have replaced the display on 2 of them. So I do know the hardware and not afraid to pull it apart. It is out of warranty for sure. If you think it's possible hardware, let me know what part you think would do it and I will try to track one down (used parts are all over ebay for fairly cheap)

Has anyone else seen this issue and is possible to recover this phone or is it as good as trash ?

Attachments

• LG G2.jpg
    LG G2.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 17

DavidinCT

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So looking over stuff, I picked up the "Verizon LG G2 VS980 USB Charging Charger Dock Headphone Jack Microphone Mic Flex " cable.

This has the ports the video and power plugs into (and wireless charging). Now that they phone is back on a Verizon stock rom, it does not seem that it's BRICKED. This one cable connects to everything that has an issue, so if it's a part beyond this, it would have to be the main board and that is just a whole phone now...

This is the part I got, should be here in a few days and I will replace and see what the results are.

This is the cable I got....

Attachments

• LG G2 cable.jpg
    LG G2 cable.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc