VZW Lollipop!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Install went great.
Had an small issue with Google Play Services updating itself. Eventually, it downloaded and everything looks great.

I may reset my phone just to make sure it's a perfectly clean install of all of my apps.

I was a bit disappointed that it didn't install all of the new standard lollipop icons. Anyone have any insight on this?

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
What is the version number? All I've seen is lollipop, but not if 5.0,5.0.1,5.0.2 or 5.1. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Holy Cow! Before everyone else too! Just got the update notification while working out in the yard today. Of course my battery is at 60% since I've been listening to music all morning. Charging now to see what goodness Lolipop brings. Heh! before T-mobile too!

David

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just saw on Phonedog that this was being pushed out this week. Knew I'd find people on here with info. I'll look forward to hearing how it performs for everyone. I'm going to try and hold off on the update for awhile, as I've had some significant issues (especially battery life) with the VZW firmware updates this past several months, but my baby has been purring like a kitten for awhile now, and has great battery life again (knock wood), so I don't want to do anything to screw that up. Best of luck, everyone. Looking forward to hearing your reports/reviews of The Good OS Lollipop. ;)

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Here are some screen shots I took during the update:

Screenshot_2015-03-30-14-23-59.jpgScreenshot_2015-03-30-14-54-40.jpgScreenshot_2015-03-30-15-52-14.jpg

Interesting thing about the software update notification is it says it is "The first of two updates". This one is 5.0, so I wonder if the next update will be to 5.1 or 5.2?

More to come...

David

slinky826

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Been running 5.0.2 39A for a week or so, used the leaked OTA, and battery life is a bit worse than it was before. Have also noticed some oddities with battery indicator while charging, sometimes stops before hitting 100%. Does seem to have some issues holding a charge in stand by as well....

Posted via Verizon LG G2, 5.0.2.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Running smooth so far.

Does everyone have mostly the same icons for apps? About a year back, I installed a Lollipop icon pack to get "the look" - and I got used to it.

Now that I officially have Lollipop, it looks old! Do we really need to install a 3rd party app to get Lollipop to look like Lollipop?

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Dang...just forced an update check and here it is for me too.

2 parts, very slow download & install (90min total?)

Seems way snappier than before...minimal stutter & lag. I did not reset the phone, clear caches, nada...just took the OTA right over existing up to date OEM image. Tomorrow will tell...

[update: now tomorrow and I'm living with the phone a bit more. the performance improvement is significant. Seriously, wow.]

Last edited:

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
hoping to get it today or tomorrow. my phones been acting wonky with battery life lately so i'm guessing a fresh install + format will take care of that

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Do not like that they did away with lock screen Widgets also the lg tool bar in the drop down notifaction is gone did not doo a full restore before installing but probably will because the battery life took a hit have not tried making any calls or using the phone

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the lock screen widgets.. I still have the weather widget and the app launch buttons on mine.

As for the Q slide launcher, it is now an option with the "bottom buttons". You can go into the button settings and add a button for it.

As with all updates, it is best to do a factory reset prior to or after the update to make the most of it. Also, you should give your phone at least three days to "settle in" before drawing any conclusions on battery life.

Noticed that there is a new option for Back button light in notifications. Blinks the LED light on the power button. Damn thing is bright.... very bright. Thought I was in the midst of a thunder storm this morning.

Also, quiet time is now gone... Priority Mode has taken its place which seems to do the same thing.

David

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Anybody using FoxFi before or after the update? Just wondering if it is working on 5.0. Have heard both yes and no.

Joseph Coates

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I had to backup and do a factory reset. Everything worked fine after that, except Verizon tells me when it is out of service and even after I change the notification sound, my phone still tells me life is good. Why?

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the lock screen widgets.. I still have the weather widget and the app launch buttons on mine.

As for the Q slide launcher, it is now an option with the "bottom buttons". You can go into the button settings and add a button for it.

As with all updates, it is best to do a factory reset prior to or after the update to make the most of it. Also, you should give your phone at least three days to "settle in" before drawing any conclusions on battery life.

Noticed that there is a new option for Back button light in notifications. Blinks the LED light on the power button. Damn thing is bright.... very bright. Thought I was in the midst of a thunder storm this morning.

Also, quiet time is now gone... Priority Mode has taken its place which seems to do the same thing.

David

Yes the stock weather widget and that is it I liked the fact you could use the lock screen Widgets when playing music with google music or power player and control it with the screen locked.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
24hrs in and I'm thrilled.

Battery life does not seem significantly different (judging by just one charge on 39A), but the phone runs significantly faster. Not a hint of stutter or lag, the UI just flows and apps seem to load quicker. I like the more stock look...some of that LG skin previous was pretty amateur.

No charging anomalies to report.

A 60sec test of Foxfi seemed fine, after allowing it to self-install a security certificate & VPN.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma