Lg g2 Lollipop

LGG2droid

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
You can request it in settings, System updates. It failed to upgrade from 4.4.2 that I had. I've spent all day getting my G2 back to the way it was. Did a Factory Reset.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I finally had the message when I woke up this morning. It gave me the option to defer install, but not ignore the upgrade. I was hoping to avoid the upgrade until I was sure all the issues that are being reported were resolved. I'm hoping I can at least do repeated deferments. If it forces me to do the upgrade before I'm ready or, worse, does it automatically itself like the last VZW firmware upgrade that tanked my phone, I'm gonna be royally pissed.

jhb3

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Don't be in a rush to get the lollipop update. I got it about a week ago for my G2 from verizon. Battery now lasts 5 or 6 hours and takes 10+ hours to charge. That's after a factory reset. Phone also freezes every other day and has to be shutdown . The software "upgrade" basically turned a great phone into a piece of junk. Called verizon and they blamed LG, called LG and they blamed Google. They also both admitted a lot of people are having the same issues. I wish I never got this software update. Probably going to have to buy a new phone as a result since I cant charge this one for 10 + hours to get just 5 or 6 hours of very light usage out of it. I used to go 36 hours on a charge which took about 2 hours.

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you spoken to Verizon support? They might be able to check your account and push the update to you.

My wife and I both received the update on the first day they started pushing it out. Neither of us have had any issues, I cleared my cache but other than that it's been mostly uneventful. Battery life for me has been mostly the same.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
If you are on the stock verizon OEM ROM, you can do the update via the LG software update tool that launches when you connect your phone to your computer VIA a USB cable.

However, like JHB3 said above, you may want to hod off on the update. I went from 14+ hours on a single charge to 8 hours at best since the update. I did a factory reset as well. IMHO, the update is not worth getting.

David

izzy67

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried that but my G2 isn't being recognized by the Verizon software update tool. And the Lg support tool doesn't have the VS980 model.

alp0811

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Believe me...you don't want it. Ruined my verizon lg g2 experience.

The phone I used to LOVE is now very annoying....ready to toss it out the window!! :mad:

Battery loses power like no tomorrow
Phone actually gets hot
Drops calls
Takes forever to charge
Everything is S....L...O....W
Text messages I send sit there 'sending' for minutes at a time
Mobile HotSpot is now unstable to say the least
Shall I go on ............ ?

Doing shut-down/restart does nothing to fix this.
I thought the 4.whatever update was bad....Lollipo*p is the worst!!

I rely on my phone every day for communication and internet. This is UNACCEPTABLE. :'( :mad:

alp0811

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I hear you... See my other post(s).

My phone got so HOT today....it threw a "COOLING DOWN" notice on the screen. WTH !!!

I used to use it all day with Bluetooth + continuous calls and texts and still had at least 30% left !!!

I can't believe my phone is RUINED now.

This update notification has been on my Nexus 7 tablet for many many months...and I kept putting it off. NOT going to do it now !!!!!

lan4

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Since the update Bluetooth doesn't connect in the car unless I turn it off and back on again. Wifi doesn't stay off when I turn it off. Anyone else have these problems or know how to fix them?

TonyDonuts

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
My phone is almout comeletely worthless after the update. I get about 4 hours before my battery dies, even with very limited talk time or having the screen on. Charging takes 5+ hours. I called VZW and their first level tech support told me that they had no reports of any issues so I suggested she try and use a tool called "Google" to find users like us who are all reporting the same issues - she passed me onto tier 2 support. Tier 2 was well aware of the issue - it is happening with the Samsung Galaxy S5 as well.

We need to call VZW and push for an update fix - if they don't fix this soon I think they are potentially facing a class action situation - sign me up - I don't pay good money for a phone that needs to be plugged in all the time - I can get a wall phone for that.

john3b

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same issues- short battery life, over heating, blank screen, freezing. Saw on forum how to fix battery. When I did this all other problems gone. Give this a try. Goto settings/More/Mobile Networks/System Select - change from global to LTE/CDMA. Let us know if this works. Battery now lasts all day. Good luck.

TonyDonuts

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I did the switch to LTE/CDMA and got some better battery life, but it is still pretty bad - the worst thing is that I don't trust my phone to have any sort of battery if I'm out and not near a charger - why have a phone then?

What I have noticed is that I have periods where I know I am running a bunch of things and that the battery is dropping pretty fast. On my ride to work I run Waze, Audible and may make a call or 2. When I get to the office I shut those apps down, turnoff data, location and bluetooth and just have wifi running. The battery app I have showing usage shows that the rate of battery drain barely changes. It seems that once my battery starts draining quickly it just continues until the phone runs out of juice and I have to recharge it. I try to run full cycles - fully charged run to fully discharged - but this is maddeninig. I wish I could figure out what things really cause the rapid draining - there are times when it seems as if it is draining very slowly, but have have not been able to correlate those to specific apps or services amd frankly, this thing should pretty much work they way it did earlier - I shouldn't be forced to jump through hoops to get battery life because I took a half-baked upgrade from which I cannot go back.

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't fully discharge lithium ion batteries, it actually wears them out faster. The old discharge to empty theory may have been correct for the old NiMH batteries, but not for the lithium ion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21