Bluetooth connect event not being triggered

pwsteele

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I've got an LG G2 running Android 5 and wanted to configure Tasker to automatically launch Pandora when it connected to my car's Bluetooth. For some reason though the event is not being reported to Tasker. As another test I installed Rocket Player and configured it to automatically launch when connected to a Bluetooth headset and this also doesn't work--Rocket Player doesn't seem to detect the event. The headset connects fine and I can play music through them, but for some reason the event isn't being triggered.

I don't see anything in my phone settings would cause this behavior. I tried some other Bluetooth related events, such as just turning bluetooth on/off, and Tasker sees this event as expected. I have a similar Tasker profile that automatically launches my clock when I put the phone on my wireless charger, so I know my general approach is correct. For some reason though the BT connect event is being filtered.

Anyone know what might be the problem?

Last edited:

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I've not had that exact problem but found it easier and more reliable to program a NFC tag to connect to my cars 2nd BT and launch pandora.

My Infiniti has the bose sound system with BT but it is for calls only, not music. I got a griffin Blue Trip lighter plug dongle which I have connected to the radio's aux input. Had to tell it to not connect as phone though. Everything works well.

David

pwsteele

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what I did but it suddenly started working--Pandora is now launching via Tasker. Using an NFC tag isn't a bad idea either, but my car's Bluetooth (I have a Volt) works for fine for both music and phone calls.

Peter

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante