Where are the playback controls on the pulldown menu after Lollipop update?

shmck28

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Problem 1 after installing Lollipop update last night: I am irritated and surprised that I now have to go through 5 steps to make sure my alarm on my un-rooted Verizon LG G2 awakens me in the morning when I put my phone on silent because the new silent mode silences alarms, too. Really, what were the developers thinking? If people don't want their alarms to awaken them then they just turn off their alarms, you know, like the alarm clocks of olden days. Now I have to go to Settings > Sound & Notification > Interruptions > When calls and notifications arrive > Allow only priority interruptions. When I set the downtime to prevent interruptions, that puts the phone in vibrate mode, which is really loud when sitting on my nightstand. Has anyone found a better way around this?

Problem 2: The pull-down droid menu used to have playback functions for music and audiobook apps, now I actually have to go to the app or widget to control. I liked the pull-down menu because I could quickly and easily pause playback when interrupted. Any ideas on how to get it back?

Problem 3: The look of the Weather widget. I loved the realistic look of the weather in KitKat OS. But the Lollipop OS update has taken that away in favor of kindergarten drawings of the sun, clouds, rain, and snow. How can I get the old look back?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
1. I have no insight into this.
2. They are there if Music is playing the music, as part of its notification tile. Having them built into the drop down is just redundant and only worked in a handful of apps, the standard for apps is to have their own notification tile. You cannot get it back to my knowledge.
3. You cannot get the KK widget back without rooting your device, even then the widget was designed for Dalvik runtime and not ART, only a 50/50 chance it would work anyway. Best bet is to find a nice weather widget in the Play Store and use it instead, there are tons of choices.