Verizon pushing Android update to my LG G2 -- what is it??

Mister_Bill

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got notified of a system update for my LG G2. It claims to have "Android Security Patches". I thought that 5.1.1 wasn't going to happen on the G2 and 6.0 was still a while away. Or is this something else entirely?

When I click on the link they have, it takes me to a page with a rollout schedule where it shows that this has been rolling out since August. But the G2 is not listed in the schedule (the G4 supposedly got it in October). So maybe it's 5.1.1? Or is it just some patches separate from any release?

Last edited:

MightyT

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Wondering the same as well. Just got this mysterious patch. Froze the update as I'm rooted and want to make sure what it is first. May be a stagefright security patch as it was small. Something like 24 mb, I think.

Mister_Bill

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to let the update get installed and indeed I did end up at VS9803AA and still 5.0.2. Presumably there was some major Android security fix that needed to be rolled out. I figure the odds of it fixing my battery drain problem are very slim.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
After the update, it seems my battery drain on standby is MUCH better. I could leave my phone on standby and lose almost 10% an hour sometimes, now its maybe 2-3% an hour. I have no idea what changed, especially if its just security stuff, but I'll take it!

FlyNavy03

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same issues (battery drain accompanied by the phone becoming a great hand-warmer) for a while. I did a factory reset on my phone a couple of weeks ago and it completely solved the problem. It seemed like the last update (before this one) didn't fully take until after the reset so my phone was using way too much memory. I don't know if it will work for you, but it may be worth a shot.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
After doing about 6 factory restores on the G2 I have given up on it, same issues excessive radio causing the battery to drain in no time gets hot Facebook and other Apps do not work properly also the playstore has the same apps needing to updated daily after updating them Verizon completely destroyed this phone after lollipop I really liked it and hardware wise it is still a working phone just full of so many bugs that factory restoring is doing no good I have moved on the the droid turbo 2 amazing how everything works no bugs no consistent updates the battery is awesome even after installing the same apps on the G2

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463