TWRP on my G2

brettt777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I rooted my G2 which was much easier than I thought, and it actually made the thing usable. Sort of. I would like to take this a bit further and I need to install a recovery image (TWRP to be exact). I have the app installed but I'm not sure where exactly to put the image file. I've tried in downloads, DCIM and a couple other places. But when I open Quickboot and select recovery as all the instructional videos say, when it reboots it comes up with a little android laying on its back opened up and it says "No command." If I hold the power button for about 10 seconds, then it will continue with a normal boot. What am I doing wrong? it should be booting up to a TWRP menu but it never does. Where do I put the recovery image file, and is that the only file I need?

brettt777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
You can use TWRP manager to install TWRP.

I tried that. When I try to install TWRP, it downloads fine, then when I go to flash it, all it ever says is "something went wrong. Flashing recovery was unsuccessful. Either you already have this recovery installed or another error has occured. If I try to reboot to recovery, I get an error there too. It does say to make sure my bootloader is unlocked before attempting to flash. How would I know if my bootloader is unlocked?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I tried that. When I try to install TWRP, it downloads fine, then when I go to flash it, all it ever says is "something went wrong. Flashing recovery was unsuccessful. Either you already have this recovery installed or another error has occured. If I try to reboot to recovery, I get an error there too. It does say to make sure my bootloader is unlocked before attempting to flash. How would I know if my bootloader is unlocked?
Haven't messed with the G2 in a while but last time I checked you couldn't unlock the bootloader. That's why loki bootloader bypass is used to get around locked bootloader and install custom recovery.

brettt777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I saw that on a YT video but I haven't been able to locate the recovery_twrp.rar file that has the Loki patch for Lollipop.