LTE instead of 4G...?

brettt777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I recently upgraded(?) my G2 to CN13 Marshmallow 6.0.1. It all went well; everything worked fine for a few days although it is taking some getting use to. There are a few things about the KitKat version I like better. Anyway, as I was leaving work yesterday, I started up Pandora through Bluetooth like I always do. I noticed about halfway home that I wasn't hearing anything. I looked at the phone and at first thought it was saying "1G"; Verizon doesn't have the best coverage out here in rural Alabama. When I looked closer, I saw that it said "LTE", not 1X, and I couldn't get anything on Pandora no matter where I was. What happened? I have never seen it say LTE. It's always been 4G, or maybe 3G or 1X if the signal is really bad. Why would it switch to LTE, especially since I did nothing to the phone? This morning I see that even with a strong signal it still does not say 4G. It usually says nothing. It just has a signal strength. And Pandora seems to work. What's the deal? Is this some new operational mode of 6.0.1? It worked fine for the first few days. I hope I'm not going to regret doing this...

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded(?) my G2 to CN13 Marshmallow 6.0.1... Why would it switch to LTE, especially since I did nothing to the phone?

Well, you did recently update it.

What were you running before CM13?

4G and LTE are just a syntax difference. Some phones show 4G and others show LTE. Some will even show LTE instead of HSPA+. It's a bit weird, but you shouldn't see a practical difference just because the name of your data speeds changed.

altobobcat

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Hey, whether you see LTE, 4G, or anything else for that matter, it will change automatically based on your coverage area.

If you have/see LTE in a place where you normally have 4G, you can try:

1. Toggling Airplane Mode or
2. Turn the phone off - remove the SIM. Switch phone back on (until you see no sim or insert sim) switch the phone off again, put the sim back in and boot up again.

Both will reset your network connection which could get you back on 4G.

Good luck!

brettt777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys, I will try this. I just don't understand why it would change all of a sudden. FYI before I updated to CM13, I had Lollipop 5.02(?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC