Apparently I'm the only crazy person so far

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the LG Intution from the website and hopefully will have it soon since I selected one day shipping. Not sure why I did, I guess I have a phone addiction (isn't that the first step in getting help) anyway and the voice of reason wasn't around at 4:00 in the morning.

Wish me luck if anyone wanders into this forum...

JWatson4701

May 8, 2011
Visit site
This phone has me really interested. I'm currently waiting for a suitable upgrade from the old Thunderbolt, and this is near the top of my list I think.Let us know how you like it!

JWatson4701

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I also just noticed your phone history and will be really interested to see how you think the Intuition stacks up against the SG3 and Razr. Good luck!

Reactions: lherch

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Well its here and im typing on it now. This thing is HUGE!!!!! I got the special from Verizon that came with the Around the Neck Bluetooth set. Havent used it yet and obviously i havent changed any of the keyboard settings yet.

Downloading all my apps back onto this phone went quicker than any other phone ive had so far. The screen is very nice, no screen door effect. The camera is quick and the pics i took look nice for just pointing and taking pictures of a lamp. The phone quality so far is good, i say so far because ive only called out.

I'll keep playing with it and keep you updated. I do have to say i can type a heck of a lot faster on this big ole screen than i have on any other phone besides a BlackBerry.

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I am crazy and this phone SUCKS!!!!! Sound from callers is horrible! Think tin cans tied together. Interface is just wrong even though it's on ICS. And, unless you're a giant, you wont be able to use the thing without two hands no matter what the website says... typing was fast since I was using both hands, but good lord, I had to put the thing down a jillion times to rest my hands and arms!!

Don't do it, don't be crazy like me!!!!!!!!!!

It's all boxed back up and ready to go back!

Last edited:
Reactions: JWatson4701

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I got a chance to play with one yesterday, its a decent device. The size is pretty cool the first time you pick it up, but became a little overwhelming while using it. Plus, the app scaling was horrible. No app is made for 4:3. It's either zoomed in too far, or pulled back with black borders and a fuzzy texture.

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Sucks about the phone, but thanks for updating this! Very helpful

You're welcome, and by the way I also bought 4 covers for the phone on Amazon, once you put the cover on the phone it was even bigger!!!! I looked like I was talking into a book!!!!! It was too funny!!!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered the LG Intution from the website and hopefully will have it soon since I selected one day shipping. Not sure why I did, I guess I have a phone addiction (isn't that the first step in getting help) anyway and the voice of reason wasn't around at 4:00 in the morning.

Wish me luck if anyone wanders into this forum...

Your gonna really
Ike it!! I just went to my local Verizon store today and got one! Only 2 in the store and both were gone in 20 minutes! I'm still getting familiar with it, but it's very easy to use. I LOVE the larger size! I am also addicted to phones and totally understand! Let us know when yours arrives!

- - - Updated - - -

I just came from a razr too...I really liked it, but wanted Samsung galaxy note ever since I first saw it. I'm not sure if Verizon will get the note 2 but I saw the LG and my eyes glazed over! So far really like it. Very snappy, great screen. I've not set up the function stickers yet.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Idk, I just made 3 calls and they all sounded great. not tinny. so far all is good here! this is the first LG phone ive had. I'm impressed so far!

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
One of the most appealing features of a "phablet", to me, is the idea of having a built-in slot to hold the stylus pen. When I read the Intuition didn't have one (meaning you are responsible for always remembering to bring youtr stylus), I immediately moved on. Won't even consider it.

Plus, it looks WAY too wide. I think with the Note/Note II, you have a chance at holding with one hand.

Not to mention the battery! Intuition has a 5" screen yet the battery is only ~2000/mah? I'll take the Note II with it's 3100/mah of battery goodness.

The Intuition looks like a failure.

-mcskipp

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
All depends what you want from the device. I wont even use the stylus. I just wanted a bigger screen. I agree I would love to get a galaxy note but don't know if verizon will ever get it. When I was in verizon store yesterday the store manager was looking real doubtful when I asked her (not that they really know yet).... But I am willing to try this for 14 days & see how it performs. yesterday I charged it new out of the box (while on playing with it) at 12 noon. At 10:30pm it was still at 30% even though I had played with it all day. last night I charged it while off so I will get an even better idea of battery life.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Btw... For those wondering about typing on this monster "slide it" app works awesome on this. Ive always held my phone in left hand and used "slide it" with right hand... even on my razr. I've no idea how you would type with 2 hands on this but for those of us accustomed to swype & slide it works great.

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Btw... For those wondering about typing on this monster "slide it" app works awesome on this. Ive always held my phone in left hand and used "slide it" with right hand... even on my razr. I've no idea how you would type with 2 hands on this but for those of us accustomed to swype & slide it works great.

I tried the "slide" type thing, but the phone was too big to hold in one hand and type for me.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I mean hold phone upright in left hand and operate slide it with right pointer finger. I doubt I would be able to hold this phone & use slide it all with the same hand either. course I've texted on phones like this for a while... Its just an odd thing but I'm used to it

BluePlate

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Got it yesterday and really loving it! Calls sound great to me--maybe it's an individual handset thing? I'm coming from a Droid 3, where I used the slide out keyboard, so using two hands to type isn't new. But also, there's a cool features that lets you scrunch the keyboard up on one side of the screen, to type one-handed--it works pretty well!

I've always loved the kind of random, non-mainstream phones, and I think this one fits the bill. Who knows--maybe I'll want the Note 2, or something smaller all around, but for now, I'm really enjoying this thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34