Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

Default LG intuition is a decent device!

Big red is really ignoring this device. Most of the verizon stores don't have it. My local store had 2 in stock & sold both in the first 20 minutes of opening. No cases available, no accessories... Just a quick 2 day online promo of getting a free bluetooth device with it. Ive been using it for 4 days... And its a really good device! I wont say excellent because the battery life is mediocre, but if your looking for a phablet on verizon, and you've been getting frustrated waiting & hoping verizon will get galaxy note 2 (doubt) this device might be the only option for now.
    Its big, the screen is really nice & the nfc stickers are handy. I think I'm the only person on this forum so if anyone has any curiosity or questions please ask (no attitude please...its no razr, so don't attack)

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

Default Re: LG intuition is a decent device!

Why do you doubt Verizon will get the Note 2? I've read some articles pointing to a multi carrier release. Anyways, what's your favorite feature of the LG?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

I know the employees at verizon are not a very reliable source, but thats who I heard it from. When I asked about the note 2 they were very doubtful and said they didn't think so & hadn't heard anything further... However they could say that as a sale tactic to get me to buy the intuition (which I did) so who knows. I sure hope verizon does get galaxy note 2 cause I have another upgrade next june (love that they let you transfer upgrades!). I would definetely love to get my hands on it!

My favorite feature of the intuition is of course the larger screen size. I love that I can read my emails & see pics bigger & clearer. I like the ICS features...I was familiar with it on my razr but its just great to see on a bigger scale. my gallery of pics look really good & watching videos is fun. while I doubt I would ever really watch a full length movie on the go, if I wanted to I could and it would be more enjoyable on the larger screen. I guess it makes sense the features I like the best are the reason I chose the intuition.

i have a lg intuition. its a nice device. wide screen and easy to browser. i really want to root and frozen bloatwares.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

If you figure it out, please let me know!

I have it, too, and I really like it. I went in basically just to look at it and confirm that I'd prefer to wait on the Note 2, and then I just sort of inexplicably loved the Intuition. It's like a mini-tablet, or an ereader, that happens to send texts and make phone calls. I feel like there are cool features that I've yet to hear anyone report on--like the fact that the keyboard can be scrunched to either side of the screen for one-handed typing (even I can do it one-handed, and I have tiny hands!).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

True! that is a cool feature! I'm hoping in the future verizon puts out more of these bigger tablet/phones because they really are ignoring this one. I cant even get screen protectors at any of the verizon stores. most don't have the phone, so why carry the accessories! frustrating!

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

PA just gave the intuition a 6.5 rating on 3 major faults of the device. 1. bad battery life, 2. rubberdium not being as good as the spen, and 3. camera taking mediocre pictures. The 6.5 rating feels like it gives the rating on the basis of comparison to mainly the note and s3. I've been using the intuition for 3-4 days and I have no problems with using the phone. And as a person changing phones almost 10-11 months, I won't be assessing the intuition based on ratings. I'm going to base it more on how much I actually like it. So far, I'm really enjoying this phone.
    hokie_prof likes this.

As a former VZW employee as a wireless data tech. even employees didn't know what coming out until about two to three weeks before they come out because that is when they would get training on the devices that where about to hit the market. Unless you where chosen to test a device for them and even then sometime the device didn't hit the market. The only draw back I see in the new LG is that there is no external memory card slot. I current have the original HTC incredible and I keep it going but installing new roms on it when I find a good one posted. and I store them on a external memory card along with all my data. So if I run into a problem I can re install on the fly. So if the new LG does have a memory card slot I would be able to do that. So I hope they come out with a different version with a memory card slot or come out with the Samsung Note version of this on. because it does have a external memory card slot

I looked a little harder on the web and found this article apparently the Note 2 will be offered on all the major networks in the US

Also AT&T release date was on OCT 21 so that is when i will be looking for it on verizon
    Last edited by TXRCFLYER; 09-15-2012 at 02:11 PM.

I see people complain about not having place for pen. I bought a 25 dollar belkin case and it holds the pen problem solved. This phone does everything plus more then I need. I love the pen and viewing webpage’s and Netflix. The size with case is perfect for my pocket. I no longer use my Samsung tablet. Yes it is a large display and bigger than almost any phone but it is perfect to my ear when holding it. Blue tooth is also another option. I would not trade it for anything. 32 GB of built storage is perfect. I can’t possibly get all the nice features I love about this phone without writing an essay. This is my first LG. I have had the following phones: Droid, Droid X, LG Spectrum (wife has it and I have used it), Droid Bionic with lap dock (My last phone). These are the phones I remember off top of my head but have had more. Samsung Galaxy Tab still own but will not be used as much now. Regardless of maker or brand this is the way to go if you want to avoid having phone and tablet to carry around. These types of phones are the all in one imo. This is where I think most consumers will be headed in the future. Don’t over look this phone give it try and take it back within 14 days should you not like it for some reason. I highly recommend this phone for the all in one device. I had to go to 4 Verizon stores to get one I guess they thought it may not be a big sale. I can’t make sense why anyone would not want an all in one device. I never give 5 stars but I will on this review because it truly is everything I have been waiting for.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

Cool, good to hear that! thank you!

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

Yes my local verizon store only had 2 in stock on the release day. I know there is a market out there for these bigger phones. I'm surprised verizon would pick this phone & not have it in stock. odd

Hi there...I've been trying to google search that Belkin case with with pen holder...I can't seem to find it...could you please forward me the link or whatever info...Much thanks!

I got that case, too--my Verizon store just had it in stock and brought it out for me to look at when I went in to buy the phone. I'm torn on it, because while it keeps the pen with the phone, it also adds about a half-inch to the width, making it just too big for me to hold in one hand. Then again, it's visually a lot like the flip covers I'd admired for the Galaxy Note--it makes the phone look like a small moleskine notebook, which is appealing (to me, at least) since I do plan to use this as a note-taking device.

Anyway, here's the link I was able to find:

It's great for propping the phone up as an alarm clock, and for reading at the breakfast table. I'm using it about 50% of the time--it's a really elegant phone with no case on at all.

thanks all for the links...one more question, (since it's out of stock right now)...does it have a velcro strap or something to keep it closed?

It has a gentle magnetic tab closure.

Thx!!

Great to see so many people like this thing! I was getting sick of all the negative reviews. I've had mine since it came out, and I love it. It's perfect for what I need, since I spend way more time reading email and web pages than calling or watching movies. But even those work very well, and the audio is great with my Sennheiser bluetooth headphones -- much better than on the Droid X I just upgraded from.

@gles ... that's great to hear...I'm really wanting to get it but being a bit cautious this time...I usually get a little ahead of myself I would be using it mostly how you do...My other important thing would be transferring pics...I still need to find out more about that...Any input?
    Also, I'm sure this is pretty easy, but I tried to figure it out at the one at the store...when you make a quick note, can you connect it to calendar so it comes up with an alarm/reminder?

I don't think the quick note connects to the calendar. I can't find any way to do it.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

I had to transfer my pics from my razr to my intuition. took me a while to figure it out but its not hard. I had to put verizon backup asst on my laptop. once I did that backup asst had all my razr pics from my razr so I just had to plug in my intuition & drag & drop pics & videos to it. worked great once I figured it out

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I actually bought one today for full retail... and I had an S3! I was very intrigued by this device. So far so good, I see no problem with the extra space on the screen.. it's just freaking huge! Loving it

@plyboult...well then I guess I won't be alone when I buy it full retail, too
    @anmanwar...thanks for the help on being able to transfer stuff....so, do you just store it to a folder on your desktop?
    @DavidDoyle...for some reason (the first day they came out) I was at the Verizon store and the rep was there...he didn't think it could do that, but then somehow (I thought) he figured it out?
    I'm going to still try to find out...
    Guess I better order myself one first Although, cases still seem to be an issue??

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bq14 View Post
    @plyboult...well then I guess I won't be alone when I buy it full retail, too
    @anmanwar...thanks for the help on being able to transfer stuff....so, do you just store it to a folder on your desktop?
    @DavidDoyle...for some reason (the first day they came out) I was at the Verizon store and the rep was there...he didn't think it could do that, but then somehow (I thought) he figured it out?
    I'm going to still try to find out...
    Guess I better order myself one first Although, cases still seem to be an issue??
    I am a fool with phones.. paid $475 for an S3 i used for a month, now moving onto this for full retail lol.. but anyways. Ebay has a lot of cases now, but they are all very generic colored hard or the gross silicone ones. I don't see the point in a device this large having a case, but it would be nice to have 1 where u can store the pen.

Also I have a bad feeling the battery is going to be pretty bad.. i used it for about an hour on a full charge & then was almost at 0% once again. No extended batteries, but have seen this interesting battery pack things on ebay. Also have not experienced 1 issue, have my own set up with launchers ect. Quality device, wish it came in more colors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast