Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Insurance?

So I've had insurance on my phones for the past year at $6.99/month. With the intuition I was astounded it had gone up to $9.99! I was told its a premium smartphone!? Its just a phone! This would be fine if they would replace it for free but considering I would still have to pay $99 I'm seriously considering canceling the insurance. Opinions? Do you pay for cell phone insurance? If so, have you ever needed it and do you feel it was worth it?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default Re: Insurance?

i have never bought insurance with a verizon phone. its not worth it to me. verizon has always fixed my phone no matter how long i have had the phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Do they send it out to be fixed? Are you without a phone for very long?

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

They usually replace the phone if something major is wrong with it. I have never been without a phone.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Depends on how you use your phone and how long you'll think you have it.

I baby my phone, so the 1yr manufacturer warranty (free) is good for me. You can pay for an extra year. I think it's a couple bucks....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by sal the wop View Post
    Depends on how you use your phone and how long you'll think you have it.

I baby my phone, so the 1yr manufacturer warranty (free) is good for me. You can pay for an extra year. I think it's a couple bucks....

Extra year thru Verizon? Or contact phone manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by Anmanwar View Post
    Extra year thru Verizon? Or contact phone manufacturer?

It's through Verizon....

Manufacturer warranties only cover things that are a result of a hardware failure that is not your fault.

Accidental damage such as a phone drop or liquid spills are not covered by warranty and often you're left to fit the bill for a replacement phone at unsubsidized cost. Phones can get liquid damage from something as simple as being in a bathroom while a steamy shower is going. Also, manufacturers don't cover lost or stolen phones.

I would always recommend some kind of accidental damage for a smartphone. Through a carrier or 3rd party. Best Buy has a plan, but I believe they do not cover lost or stolen phones. SquareTrade is another option as well.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=G42p65Lrhttp://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=co8R5WwY

I recently had a brand new S III take a fall 3 days after purchase cracking the screen. Luckily I had insurance. Sprint does not repair screen cracks. The insurance deductable was $150, but cheaper than the repair cost from a 3rd party and definitely less than the replacement cost.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint

I don't have ins but I do have the extended warranty 2.99 a month. Glad I have it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I don't have ins but I do have the extended warranty 2.99 a month. Glad I have it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Is there $2.99 plan for the intuition? What does that cover?

rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,312 Global Posts

it gives you an additional year of warranty, everything is covered from manufacturing defects except the battery

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ice cold sandwich aokp

The. Bottom line is if its stolen or water damaged they won't cover it and the 100 is for a refurbished unit but if its lost stolen water a.aged falls and the screen is cracked ran over falls out your pocket or hand and is smashed then with out insurance you pay the off contract price for a new handset which is easily 500+

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    The. Bottom line is if its stolen or water damaged they won't cover it and the 100 is for a refurbished unit but if its lost stolen water a.aged falls and the screen is cracked ran over falls out your pocket or hand and is smashed then with out insurance you pay the off contract price for a new handset which is easily 500+

Thank you! I think I will cancel the $10 plan. Especially since if I need a replacement it will be refurbished for $100? That's nuts! In my case I have an upgrade left on my account. If the worst happened I could just get a new device

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ice cold sandwich aokp

But you don't get the new subsidized price for it you will pay the full amount off contract until your due for an upgrade say the 100 is a referb but if you want the same phone your going to pay the full 450 or more for a new handset

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

But you don't get the new subsidized price for it you will pay the full amount off contract until your due for an upgrade say the 100 is a referb but if you want the same phone your going to pay the full 450 or more for a new handset

I have another upgrade on my account so no worries.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ice cold sandwich aokp

but if it breaks or some dumb *** poor water on it drop it in the toilet (don't ask:banghead your ed rite?

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I would just use my update and get a new one. If I pay $10/month for insurance that's $120/ year plus the $99 they would make me pay for a refurbished replacement. Or I cancel the insurance and if anything happens I use my upgrade & get a NEW one for $199....personally I'd rather get the new one!

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ice cold sandwich aokp

But what happens when the new one gets smashed by a hammer thrown into a wall in a fit of rage in your pocket when you go swimming (it happens) struck by lightning stolen bounces out your lap landing on the road and ran over warrenty runs out the screen dies you would have to pay the full price
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,029 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Dude, give it a rest.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

But what happens when the new one gets smashed by a hammer thrown into a wall in a fit of rage in your pocket when you go swimming (it happens) struck by lightning stolen bounces out your lap landing on the road and ran over warrenty runs out the screen dies you would have to pay the full price

LOL