Grouchy Verizon employee

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So, I went by Verizon on Black Friday to look at the Intuition and to see about an upgrade. They didn't even have a model of the phone on display. Eventually the sales clerk tracked down their model in a drawer somewhere. He told me that they weren't stocking the phone and that it was available only by order. Then, he proceeded to tell me all of the reasons why I should avoid the phone. He generally talked to me as though I couldn't possibly know anything about mobile devices. In the end, it was quite clear that he didn't actually know anything about the Intuition. The store also was changing $50 more for the phone than Verizon's website. At any rate, I left the store miffed and didn't bother to ask for an upgrade.

I promptly went home and called customer service. I didn't complain. I merely requested an early upgrade, said please, asked to keep my unlimited data plan, and voil?, my new phone has been shipped.

Silly Verizon sales guy. You missed out on a commission!:p

Last edited:

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just curious why you wouldn't go with a Note 2? It's so ,so, so much more of a Phone/tablet!!

I'm guessing it might be price (is the Intuition cheaper?). But if you haven't checked out the Note 2 already, you must do it!

Good luck on whatever you choose!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
OK no matter how nicely you asked they let you keep your unlimited plan without making you pay full price?? Really?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
The intuition is awesome, looks bigger than the note 2 (ratio.. Looks more like a small tablet) is really fast, and is a heck of a lot cheaper!

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just curious why you wouldn't go with a Note 2? It's so ,so, so much more of a Phone/tablet!!
Good luck on whatever you choose!

It really was a price issue. I just couldn't convince myself that it was OK to spend $300 on a phone - especially since I already have a perfectly good tablet. The Intuition is half the price of the Note 2. With the Verizon.com rebate, the Intuition is $149. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the Note 2, but I think the Intuition is an awesome device for the price.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
OK no matter how nicely you asked they let you keep your unlimited plan without making you pay full price?? Really?
There are some forums that talk about how you can keep the unlimited plan, but some Verizon employees are less cooperative about it that others. It's a loophole. I knew the gist of how it worked before I asked to keep it. Basically, you have to have a second phone number on your account that doesn't have an unlimited data plan. Then, you activate your new phone on that number. After you have activated it, you move the new phone over to the number that has the unlimited plan. If you ever upgrade your device on the number that has the unlimited data plan, you'll lose it forever. My husband's iPhone doesn't have the grandfathered unlimited plan, so I'm temporarily activating my new phone on his number. I don't exactly know how to move it over to my number after it's been activated, but I'll figure it out eventually.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
OK.. So you do have to change your phone # though right? Yeah I did use the update on my device & lost my plan but between the 2 lines on our plan we don't even use 1/2 of 1G per month so were ok

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't lose my real number. I'm just temporarily putting my phone on my husband's line. I'll move it over to my line after it is activated so that I'll have my normal number. There's no major disadvantage. It's just a hassle to get through all of the steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC