Lagging keyboard

business101

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else notice a lag when typing? I type pretty quick and notice that the keyboard can't really keep up with it, and as a result leaves out letters. Maybe I just got a "lemon" or who knows. This seems to be my only touchscreen device that does this, as I'm typing on my ipad right now with no lag or any problems of it not keeping up. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
No I've not had any lag at all... And I do also have an iPad so I would be able to relate. Can you try & install
A 3Rd party keyboard like "slide it" just to see if its your device or just the stock keyboard. I have used both slide it and touch pal keyboard. They're both swype.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I was lagging a tiny bit, but I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. I turned off Bluetooth and quit running one of my apps. (I'm not running wifi either.) Then, I restarted the phone. It seemed to speed back up. I clearly don't type as fast as you, though!

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I just tested my keyboard some more. I don't think that my phone is consistently lagging. I think it was lagging slightly when the phone was syncing contacts or something. I've tested it typing as quickly as I possibly can and the lag seems to be completely gone.

business101

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded "slide it" and it was better but still showing signs of lagging. I haven't had to restart it since I got it, so maybe i'll try that. Thanks for the input!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000