Anyone else experiencing battery life issues?

elgatogeorgi

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Over the past 2 weeks or so, I have noticed my battery draining very quickly. I have not done anything different, and I have checked the battery usage under "About Phone", and there are no anomalies that I can see. I have also tried restarting, killing unnecessary processes, and turning off radios. The only difference I have seen is when I turn on airplane mode, it won't drain which makes me think it's cellular-related.

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone else experiening battery life issues?

Over the past 2 weeks or so, I have noticed my battery draining very quickly. I have not done anything different, and I have checked the battery usage under "About Phone", and there are no anomalies that I can see. I have also tried restarting, killing unnecessary processes, and turning off radios. The only difference I have seen is when I turn on airplane mode, it won't drain which makes me think it's cellular-related.
You might have a bad battery that needs to be replaced. Test it by removing it and spinning it on a flat surface, such as a table. If the battery spins like a top then it is bad. If it doesn't, then it may still be good and the phone should be factory reset to fully remove any unwanted processes and/or apps from running.

See this video regarding a bad battery test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvlHYvjinnE

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone else experiening battery life issues?

I'm sorry about your phone. The only time I had that severe battery drainage problem was when my media scanner wouldn't stop running. You'd know if you were having that problem, though.

I have no idea how to remove a battery from the Intuition... If you haven't already tried something like it, you could try an app like Watchdog, which tells you which apps are running on your phone and whether something is misbehaving. It will give you a warning message if an app is being over-active. It has come in handy for me a couple of times when the Facebook app was acting up and that sort of thing.

Good luck with your phone.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've recently discovered that the Dolphin browser drains my battery. I have to make sure that I exit out of it or it will eat my battery. That being said, I still have to charge my battery at least once a day. With heavy use, I have to charge it twice a day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae