Intuition texting problems

fosgate3

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
My gf has been going through a lot lately with her phone so I'm trying to help out by find some solutions to her problem. About a month or so ago, maybe a little less, she started having texting issues with her LG Intuition. She would try to text but nothing would appear on the screen. She's had to resort to using texting apps in order to text other people but they aren't always reliable and in some cases, require an internet connection. I've tried to find some solutions to the problem but so far, searching the net hasn't yielded much. The phone is not rooted either.

I remember having something similar to my DROID 4 and I resolved it. I've been attributing my resolution to using a cache cleaning app called Cache Clear and cleaned out the texting cache on the phone. It seemed to work after that; however, I also removed some unused apps too at the same time so I'm not sure if it was the Cache Clear app or the uninstalling of other apps. Because my problem was intermittent, I couldn't easily find out.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so, what solutions--if any--did you find?

Thanks in advance for reading.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry - I haven't had this problem, but that may be because I stopped used the pre-installed texting app pretty early on. I just didn't like it. I've been pretty happy with the Go SMS texting app. Generally, it works well, but as you mentioned with other texting apps, there are occasions when it misbehaves. It has been the best texting app that I've tried on this phone, however. I wish I could be of more help...

Acellis85

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Have you received any answers yet? My daughter's phone is doing the same thing...she just has a white screen now, and cannot send or receive any messages. She said ever since the new update was installed, she has had nothing but trouble with the phone. It takes about 3 minutes to even load to make a phone call now.

KingDufus

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I have not had an issue like this, but maybe this solution will work. Be aware that it may delete all texts that are saved. This is for Jelly Bean (4.1.2)
1. Go to Settings>Application Manager
2. Swipe over to the right so that you are viewing the apps that are in the "All" tab
3. Scroll down and find the "Messaging" app.
4. Click on "Clear Data"

Now try to text using the stock messaging app and see if it works.