Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KingDufus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Wink Jelly Bean is here!

Woot woot! I don't know what I'm doing yet, but so far my phone is running much more smoothly than it was on Ice Cream Sandwich. If only we could fix the battery life issues...

Default Re: Jelly Bean is here!

I'm glad the update went smoothly! I'm still on ICS because I found a way to enable the Hidden Menu (LG/Verizon have blocked this) in order to switch networks and to actually be able to use a GSM SIM card. I want to do this so I can still use my phone when I travel.
    Someone at the Cricket Users thread created an app originally for the LG Spectrum that allows the hidden menu access and it happens to work on the Intuition as well.
    Would someone be willing to try it with the new Jelly Bean update to see if it still works?
    Here's the thread:

Post #18 has a download link to the apk.
    Thanks!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm too chicken to try anything new and experimental on the Intuition. My phone hasn't been running well for the last few months. I've wanted to throw it out the window. Jelly Bean seems to have transformed it. It's running so smoothly now - even my battery life seems a little bit better. I'm afraid to rock the boat. It's fantastic that you have a way to use the phone when you travel, however.

Here we go...I'm going to install the update. I'm so nervous, the last system update fried my phone! Fingers crossed!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by HollyandJosh Wills View Post
    Here we go...I'm going to install the update. I'm so nervous, the last system update fried my phone! Fingers crossed!!
    How did your update go?

My phone tried to update tonight-I told it to "remind me later" because I had read horror stories of the earlier update. So what's the word? Update or wait?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoos View Post
    My phone tried to update tonight-I told it to "remind me later" because I had read horror stories of the earlier update. So what's the word? Update or wait?
    You should definitely get the update this time. You'll feel like you have a brand-new phone.

dear KD , would you be kind enough to share how to get the gsm working on this
    would be utterly grateful dear mate .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingDufus View Post
    I'm glad the update went smoothly! I'm still on ICS because I found a way to enable the Hidden Menu (LG/Verizon have blocked this) in order to switch networks and to actually be able to use a GSM SIM card. I want to do this so I can still use my phone when I travel.
    Someone at the Cricket Users thread created an app originally for the LG Spectrum that allows the hidden menu access and it happens to work on the Intuition as well.
    Would someone be willing to try it with the new Jelly Bean update to see if it still works?
    Here's the thread:

Post #18 has a download link to the apk.
    Thanks!

dear KD , would you be kind enough to share how to get the gsm working on this
    would be utterly grateful dear mate .

Here are the steps to enable GSM on the LG Intuition:
    1. You must be on ICS. This will not work if you have upgraded to Jelly Bean. On Jelly Bean, Verizon blocked access to the GSM menu items.
    2. Download the apk file from this thread:
    (post #18) Thanks to glitch3455 for this app. Install the apk.
    3. Turn off your phone, and insert a GSM SIM card of your choice.
    4. Turn the phone back on. You might get some error messages that the sim card is not recognized.
    5. Open the app that you installed (It's called LG Spectrum Hidden Menu)
    6. Click on "LG Spectrum(VS920) Service Menu
    7. Click on "System Selection"
    8. Click on "Network Mode"
    9. From this menu you can select whatever GSM mode you want. I think I chose "GSM"
    10. Exit out of the app. Give the phone a couple of minutes to find the network, and you should get a signal.

Note that I have not tried to get DATA yet. You might have to manually enter APN's for your carrier, but I don't know how to do that.
    Let me know if this works!
    Thanked by:
    lord dredd likes this.