Push Email

ndroid13

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
How do I set my revolution to push email for my added accounts? I am tired of wondering why it is taking so long for a reply then I go to the account and it suddenly produces a message that was sent hours ago! Not helping my business any.... Nor my love life! lol :D

Blammo79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
How do I set my revolution to push email for my added accounts? I am tired of wondering why it is taking so long for a reply then I go to the account and it suddenly produces a message that was sent hours ago! Not helping my business any.... Nor my love life! lol :D

To my knowledge, the Gmail client is true push, otherwise, the stock mail app is not. It is very sporadic from my testing. Definitely not reliable in that way that you are looking to use it.

Check out http://www.androidcentral.com/using-gmail-your-own-personal-push-mail-server for information on how to use your Gmail client to give you push for all of your POP email needs. There are also apps you can download (K9, etc) that give you the ability to integrate some push functionality into your phone, but it is not stock.

I also just came from a Blackberry, and the email is a bit disappointing, but being that I am a gmail user, I am able to survive with how Android handles gmail.

Hope this helps...

Reactions: ndroid13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome