Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gingerbread on Revo?

Anyone know anything (I'll even take rumors) about when we might see an official update for the Revolution?
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Gingerbread on Revo?

Half past never?

Seriously though, it probably won't be until near the end of the summer, if not until fall. The Rev doesn't have any hugely pressing issues that an update would solve (like the Thunderbolt does) and I imagine Verizon is putting a huge amount of effort into getting the Bionic out the door first.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Over at XDA thecubed is working on a port of Cyanogenmod 7 for the Revo, which is 2.3.4 I think. Least 2.3.3 with 85% certainty.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

yea..when that gets.released good luck figuring how many bugs exist and what apps don't work..just sayin..I would wait til Verizon makes GB offical
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smalltank View Post
    yea..when that gets.released good luck figuring how many bugs exist and what apps don't work..just sayin..I would wait til Verizon makes GB offical
    cm7 is usually less buggy than what the carriers put out. Just saying.

After reading this article about the Revo2 coming out "soon", I'm beginning to despair that we will see Gingerbread on the Revo. And seriously, I understand that a new phone is old the minute it comes out, but a new version of the same device in 6 months?! WTF!

HTC Vigor, LG Revolution 2 Arriving With HD Screens? Stratosphere NOT Galaxy S 2?

Seems like every Verizon phone is getting Gingerbread except the Revo. Dinc, Dinc2 among others. I wonder if its the 4G radios that are causing the delay. I don't think the Tbolt has 2.3 yet either. Does anyone know if the Charge does?

Regardless, I wouldn't mind a little 2.3 coming our way.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrap63 View Post
    Seems like every Verizon phone is getting Gingerbread except the Revo. Dinc, Dinc2 among others. I wonder if its the 4G radios that are causing the delay. I don't think the Tbolt has 2.3 yet either. Does anyone know if the Charge does?

Regardless, I wouldn't mind a little 2.3 coming our way.
    thunderbolt got the "official" gingerbread leak today. I'm ready for some Revo lovin!

Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    thunderbolt got the "official" gingerbread leak today. I'm ready for some Revo lovin!
    Now they got the "official" official release pending in Sept. We got squat! <sigh>

Don't want to get anyones hopes up but however, a buddy of mine works at our local verizon store and said GB is coming to the Revo around mid October. As well as the Droid Charge. This convo took place about 30 minutes ago.

I would imagine the Revolution would get Gingerbread sometime soon since LG is pushing Gingerbread out on the Optimus S over on Sprint.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by spc_hicks09 View Post
    Don't want to get anyones hopes up but however, a buddy of mine works at our local verizon store and said GB is coming to the Revo around mid October. As well as the Droid Charge. This convo took place about 30 minutes ago.
    No offense to your "buddy" or you...but I am an ex Fascinate Owner and have heard the "update is coming mid-(name your month here)" so many times while Facinate owners waited for the update they were promised on release day. Needless to say this phone is just holding me over right now till i can upgrade to the Droid Prime when it is released with ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Evanture View Post
    No offense to your "buddy" or you...but I am an ex Fascinate Owner and have heard the "update is coming mid-(name your month here)" so many times while Facinate owners waited for the update they were promised on release day. Needless to say this phone is just holding me over right now till i can upgrade to the Droid Prime when it is released with ICS
    Just an update until we get our OTA Gingerbread. A buddy of mine, MtMichaelson over at XDA has gotten the system dump and boot.img for the Gingerbread that was released with the LG Esteem (metroPCS version of the Revolution). So here soon we should definitely be able to have Gingerbread. Here's the thread you can follow as more updates get put out.

A little good news... Semi official - xda-developers

BTW, if you got your LG Revolution on an upgrade then have fun with paying $500 to get that Prime when it comes out. I understand though, I get an upgrade in March and will be using it to get whatever is out then.

ROM
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by spc_hicks09 View Post
    Just an update until we get our OTA Gingerbread. A buddy of mine, MtMichaelson over at XDA has gotten the system dump and boot.img for the Gingerbread that was released with the LG Esteem (metroPCS version of the Revolution). So here soon we should definitely be able to have Gingerbread. Here's the thread you can follow as more updates get put out.

A little good news... Semi official - xda-developers

BTW, if you got your LG Revolution on an upgrade then have fun with paying $500 to get that Prime when it comes out. I understand though, I get an upgrade in March and will be using it to get whatever is out then.
    You think its only gonnq be 500? Lol. :-P

Revolting Revolution. Tapatalk.
    Phones are my drug of choice

I just want to use skype vid calling on my phone. My wife can do it on her TB and she is waitn on the REVO to release GB. I'm just tired of waiting...this is ridiculous!!

ROM
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

How does 2mr sound?

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/...olution-update

Huzzah!

Revolting Revolution. Tapatalk.
    Phones are my drug of choice

It's official now...

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-rev...erbread-update

I'm really happy that my wife will get the newest version of Android. I was a little concerned at first. It's pretty sad that LG beat Samsung though. I mean I know Samsung has had a reputation on Verizon, but still...

Thumbs up Re: Gingerbread on Revo?

It should be out on all phones by Nov. 4th. They are pushing the update out now.

http://goo.gl/pOU5v

My wife got the Gingerbread update on her Revolution at 8:20pm Central Time. About an hour and forty five minutes ago.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

My phone is updating as we speak. Guess it was no lie. Anyone is Phx,AZ. Go ahead and try it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

Quote Originally Posted by WebDevAnalyst View Post
    My wife got the Gingerbread update on her Revolution at 8:20pm Central Time. About an hour and forty five minutes ago.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    Haha you post exactly as im posting
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

Mine has been trying to update (I guess to Gingerbread?) for the past 2 hours. It stated there was an update that would take approximately 10 min and the phone would turn off and on. well, it has been turning off and on for about 2 hours and is not usable at all. I have turned it off, taken out the battery, and it continues to just turn on and off (and have the wrong time).

Anyone else have this prob?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Got my update a few hours ago. It scared the crap out of me because it started automatically, before I even knew that we were getting an update. I pulled it out of my pocket and it was in the middle of the android unpacking sequence. Anyway updated phone has worked great so far. I'll be interested if it fixed any of the issues I've had with random rebooting.

No problems here. Can't wait to play!
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2

The soft keys don't light up any more. That's real annoying.

...and the fix for this is to do a very quick tap on the power button and the lights come back. You have to do this after every reboot. Real annoying.
    Last edited by PossumPete; 10-29-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast