Gingerbread on Revo?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Half past never? :p

Seriously though, it probably won't be until near the end of the summer, if not until fall. The Rev doesn't have any hugely pressing issues that an update would solve (like the Thunderbolt does) and I imagine Verizon is putting a huge amount of effort into getting the Bionic out the door first.

Reactions: funlap38

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Over at XDA thecubed is working on a port of Cyanogenmod 7 for the Revo, which is 2.3.4 I think. Least 2.3.3 with 85% certainty.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

smalltank

May 30, 2011
Visit site
yea..when that gets.released good luck figuring how many bugs exist and what apps don't work..just sayin..I would wait til Verizon makes GB offical

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Seems like every Verizon phone is getting Gingerbread except the Revo. Dinc, Dinc2 among others. I wonder if its the 4G radios that are causing the delay. I don't think the Tbolt has 2.3 yet either. Does anyone know if the Charge does?

Regardless, I wouldn't mind a little 2.3 coming our way.

djh074

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Seems like every Verizon phone is getting Gingerbread except the Revo. Dinc, Dinc2 among others. I wonder if its the 4G radios that are causing the delay. I don't think the Tbolt has 2.3 yet either. Does anyone know if the Charge does?

Regardless, I wouldn't mind a little 2.3 coming our way.

thunderbolt got the "official" gingerbread leak today. I'm ready for some Revo lovin!

BigDaddyHicks

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't want to get anyones hopes up but however, a buddy of mine works at our local verizon store and said GB is coming to the Revo around mid October. As well as the Droid Charge. This convo took place about 30 minutes ago.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I would imagine the Revolution would get Gingerbread sometime soon since LG is pushing Gingerbread out on the Optimus S over on Sprint.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't want to get anyones hopes up but however, a buddy of mine works at our local verizon store and said GB is coming to the Revo around mid October. As well as the Droid Charge. This convo took place about 30 minutes ago.

No offense to your "buddy" or you...but I am an ex Fascinate Owner and have heard the "update is coming mid-(name your month here)" so many times while Facinate owners waited for the update they were promised on release day. Needless to say this phone is just holding me over right now till i can upgrade to the Droid Prime when it is released with ICS

BigDaddyHicks

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
No offense to your "buddy" or you...but I am an ex Fascinate Owner and have heard the "update is coming mid-(name your month here)" so many times while Facinate owners waited for the update they were promised on release day. Needless to say this phone is just holding me over right now till i can upgrade to the Droid Prime when it is released with ICS

Just an update until we get our OTA Gingerbread. A buddy of mine, MtMichaelson over at XDA has gotten the system dump and boot.img for the Gingerbread that was released with the LG Esteem (metroPCS version of the Revolution). So here soon we should definitely be able to have Gingerbread. Here's the thread you can follow as more updates get put out.

A little good news... Semi official - xda-developers

BTW, if you got your LG Revolution on an upgrade then have fun with paying $500 to get that Prime when it comes out. I understand though, I get an upgrade in March and will be using it to get whatever is out then.

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just an update until we get our OTA Gingerbread. A buddy of mine, MtMichaelson over at XDA has gotten the system dump and boot.img for the Gingerbread that was released with the LG Esteem (metroPCS version of the Revolution). So here soon we should definitely be able to have Gingerbread. Here's the thread you can follow as more updates get put out.

A little good news... Semi official - xda-developers

BTW, if you got your LG Revolution on an upgrade then have fun with paying $500 to get that Prime when it comes out. I understand though, I get an upgrade in March and will be using it to get whatever is out then.

You think its only gonnq be 500? Lol. :p

Revolting Revolution. Tapatalk.

MAZOEN

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I just want to use skype vid calling on my phone. My wife can do it on her TB and she is waitn on the REVO to release GB. I'm just tired of waiting...this is ridiculous!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay