Text messaging, want to remove stock

An1malLover

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I just go my Revo last week and love it so far. I didn't like the stock text messaging because I couldn't customize enough things so I downloaded Handcent. I want to replace the stock text icon on my toolbar with the Handcent icon or make it at least route to Handcent when I click it. I read somewhere that I could download the app WidgetLocker LockScreen for $1.99 but many of the reviews say that app uses a lot of battery and I already feel like I have to charge the phone too much. Does anyone have experience with this app? Will it let me do what I want with the toolbar? Does it really drain your battery?
Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:-*

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I just go my Revo last week and love it so far. I didn't like the stock text messaging because I couldn't customize enough things so I downloaded Handcent. I want to replace the stock text icon on my toolbar with the Handcent icon or make it at least route to Handcent when I click it. I read somewhere that I could download the app WidgetLocker LockScreen for $1.99 but many of the reviews say that app uses a lot of battery and I already feel like I have to charge the phone too much. Does anyone have experience with this app? Will it let me do what I want with the toolbar? Does it really drain your battery?
Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:-*

Uh. U want to replace the stock messaging app on the bottom of the homescreen with handcent? Did I get that right? If so, open up the app drawer and long press handcent and drag it over the stock one. Not sure why ur bringing widgetlocker into this...

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

gbb0131

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Uh. U want to replace the stock messaging app on the bottom of the homescreen with handcent? Did I get that right? If so, open up the app drawer and long press handcent and drag it over the stock one. Not sure why ur bringing widgetlocker into this...

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
Long pressing on the home screen only puts a shortcut to handcent on the screen. What he is talking about, and i'd love to change mine as well, is there is a app toolbar on the bottom of the screen that has phone, contacts, messaging and apps on it. We would LOVE to change the messaging button to access handcent or whatever other sms app we use.

I downloaded the Go EX Launcher which let you fully customize the screens. When you pressed on the message button it asked what you wanted to use. It also had a better app drawer, but had issues with it when using my home dock, so I uninstalled it

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Long pressing on the home screen only puts a shortcut to handcent on the screen. What he is talking about, and i'd love to change mine as well, is there is a app toolbar on the bottom of the screen that has phone, contacts, messaging and apps on it. We would LOVE to change the messaging button to access handcent or whatever other sms app we use.

I downloaded the Go EX Launcher which let you fully customize the screens. When you pressed on the message button it asked what you wanted to use. It also had a better app drawer, but had issues with it when using my home dock, so I uninstalled it

this guy?
Screenshot.png

if so, hit the apps button, on the bottom right, then scroll through all of your apps until you find whatever you want to put there. (this screen)
lg-revolution-apps.png

long press on it like you are going to move icons around in your app drawer and don't let your finger up, drag that icon over your messaging icon to replace it.

(Photos stolen shamelessly from AC's Revolution Review, thanks Phil!)

EDIT: If it is what I think it is, skip to 6:30 where Phil finally gets it.
youtube

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12