Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rosser
  • 1 Post By PossumPete
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry 4g in your city...speak out!!!

Hello...hello...verizon can you hear me...can we get some 4g in shreveport, la...we are tired of waiting!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Default Re: 4g in your city...speak out!!!

Never heard of shreveport before. Whats the population there? 409?

New york city here and 4G is blazing fast.

Call Verizon and see when they will expand coverage...they just expanded a few causation to more markets..having 4g Will come in time if you dont have it and its soo worth it...afterall 3g/4 is all the.same.price

ST
    Thanked by:
    MAZOEN 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Tiguere View Post
    Shreveport was the capitol of Louisiana in 1863, population 375,910...SFYLOK

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Tiguere View Post

Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MAZOEN View Post
    You guys aren't on the roadmap for 2011, so you're going to have to wait until sometime in 2012.
    Thanked by:

Ask any Verizion Rep and they'll tell you it's guaranteed to be in your area by the end of the year. Of course, they didn't say what year...
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2

Got 4G here in Orlando, FL. ZERO Complaints! Don't worry, i'm sure they will get to you soon! Even though Verizon is expensive, they are still the best Network out there.

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Still waiting for 4G in my area Asheville/Henderson, NC. I guess my area is the only one left for NC in 2011. Today is my upgrade date. Holding out for a Bionic. Hopefully will see 4g in another month or two.

I live in Elizabeth City, NC and I'm hoping that Norfolk/VaBeach gets it and we piggyback onto that. Wishful thinking!
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Quote Originally Posted by PossumPete View Post
    I live in Elizabeth City, NC and I'm hoping that Norfolk/VaBeach gets it and we piggyback onto that. Wishful thinking!
    I can tell you that Norfolk/VaBeach is not schedule to get it in 2011.
    Thanked by:
    Former Advisor

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts

Would be great if Plymouth/Cape Cod, MA could get it sometime in the next decade lol

Android Central Advisor August 2011 - Late September 2011
    MAZOEN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    I can tell you that Norfolk/VaBeach is not schedule to get it in 2011.
    You mean the Verizon Rep lied to me?????
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2
    MAZOEN likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    You guys aren't on the roadmap for 2011, so you're going to have to wait until sometime in 2012.
    Of course they didn't tell me that when I got my Rev....
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Me Too....it's a conspiracy against Shreveport

ROM
    Project Elite OG

I don't see it on the list for this year. I believe that verizon expects to have all areas with current 3g covered by the end of 2013:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    I don't see it on the list for this year. I believe that verizon expects to have all areas with current 3g covered by the end of 2013:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Not what I heard when I called corporate. They told me Kansas City wasn't going to be done until 2014. Which is why Sprint now has me. (That and the fact that they're going to have LTE on top of having WiMax, and vz not getting good hardware timely). Either way, VZ is playing down to the weakest competitor, seems to be making all the same mistakes as ATT (adding cost to customers, customer service is absolute **** now, poor device/plan selections). And limiting data usage. My advice, get out while you still can...

I can tell you one thing, I live in Minneapolis MN, and was one of the first to get 4G on sprint, and I tell everyone I talk to, you NEED to get on Verizon if you want 4G. I was getting about 1.5 to 3 Mbps on Sprint here, and I was only able to get it, if I was on a main road, not moving outdoors. Could never get 4G indoors, unless crappy clear was in the mall. I had my phone over a year, and got a 4G signal only 10% of the time if I was lucky. Sprint 4G sucks here in Minneapolis. With my Verizon LG Revo... I get 6Mbps down sitting at my desk where I never got 4G from Sprint. I can get 10 - 12 when I am out and about everywhere I go.... I made the switch before unlimited data went away, and I will never look back....
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rydo88 View Post
    Not what I heard when I called corporate. They told me Kansas City wasn't going to be done until 2014. Which is why Sprint now has me. (That and the fact that they're going to have LTE on top of having WiMax, and vz not getting good hardware timely). Either way, VZ is playing down to the weakest competitor, seems to be making all the same mistakes as ATT (adding cost to customers, customer service is absolute **** now, poor device/plan selections). And limiting data usage. My advice, get out while you still can...
    They lied to you.

Verizon will have its entire 3G footprint overlaid with LTE by the end of 2013. (which makes sense, because the towers are already there, they just need to deploy the backhaul and new equipment) Once that is complete, they will expand out a bit further, and then start the process of shutting down the 3G and CDMA networks, which will also have the side benefit of giving them more spectrum for LTE should they need it. Once VoLTE is implemented, Verizon can accelerate this process. By 2014, Verizon won't have a 3G network at all.

It should also be noted that Verizon's rollout is actually accelerating. They're rolling out cities faster than planned, and are actually ahead of schedule.

Oh and while I firmly believe in 'to each his own', I'd be mighty cautious about Sprint's LTE plans. LightSquared is not exactly a reliable company, and they have many significant hurdles to overcome before their plans become viable.

ROM
    Depends on my mood

So much of service quality is dependent on location. I live in portland and we were the second city to get wimax (thanks to intel) and sprint is service king here. But only in the portland area. Verizon covers more of the state as a whole... but the stores nickel and dime ya to death and id rather shove a pine tree backward down my throat than deal with verizon customer service.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

15Mbps in San Diego. Too bad I work in a 1x partial 3G area. I get better data coverage from Mexico than I do from Verizon.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by On3wheels View Post
    So much of service quality is dependent on location. I live in portland and we were the second city to get wimax (thanks to intel) and sprint is service king here. But only in the portland area. Verizon covers more of the state as a whole... but the stores nickel and dime ya to death and id rather shove a pine tree backward down my throat than deal with verizon customer service.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
    See that's odd, because I've never had any issues with Verizon. As a matter of fact, I haven't had any issues at all with any of the carriers. (even AT&T)
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

4G is now in Shreveport, LA