LG Revolution???

ChrisS9938

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon customer. Longtime BB Storm 2 user. Don't know if I can wait for the new Bold. Never have used another smartphone. Read reviews on the Revo, only problem with review on a site like Verizon is they are loaded with trolls, dissatisfied customers, and loads of people who have honestly just taken the phone out of the box. I've watched the review here too. The deal with Netflix and the current price with an upgrade is tempting. But I have a few questions.

How is it with email? As a BB user, I do a LOT of email on the phone, its my main phone-related activity. I have read nightmares about doing email on droids in general, but I've never used one.

How good is the virtual keyboard? I had decided on a real QWERTY keyboard this time. However, that is not possible for 4G Verizon. But with the big screen and the fact that I have used a virtual for the last 2 years may make it possible.

No 4G here yet. Its "expected" in 2011 (Kingsport/Bristol/Johnson City). How does the phone work in a 3G environment? How good is 4G? Worth the wait?

If I do not go 4G but go with an Android phone, what are some of the best 3G Android platforms available from Verizon? (Verizon seems unaware they sale anything that is not Android.)

I am not trolling, I am being very serious. I want to know if this phone is worth making the change. I'm going to look a phone today, but you can't trust sales reps and I would like to hear people who are experienced with using the phone over time.

xjli

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
BB is on its way to the grave. anyway as far as this phone goes:

the keyboard- the thought of a virtual keyboard made me cringe, as i've always loved real keyboards in my past devices, but this screen is nice and big and i took to the landscape mode keyboard without even thinking about it. it just works awesome, save for the period and space bar every once in a while. the portrait keyboard is pretty nice too. im using the LG keyboard, not swype or the android stock one.

i'm in 3g/4g mixed where i am. 4g at home, 3g at work. the 3g is definately faster on this phone than with my past android dev. even at my buddy's place with craptastic cell service my one bar of 4g was 3-4x as fast as my buddy's 2-3 bars of iphone 4g 3g service (on at&t)

if you dont need 4g, go with the droid 3 or the htc incredible 2

ChrisS9938

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well forget it. I went ahead and got it today.

How is it with email? So far, incredible! Still have a few accounts to add, but could not believe the ease. Works as well as a PC.

How good is the virtual keyboard? This is what sold me. The 4G and 3 months of free netflicks were nice to be sure, but the minute I started using that big keyboard I was hooked.

No 4G here yet. Its "expected" in 2011 (Kingsport/Bristol/Johnson City). How does the phone work in a 3G environment? How good is 4G? Worth the wait? Still don't know about this, but the rep said the same thing I have heard others say, 4G Verizon is noticeably faster.

If I do not go 4G but go with an Android phone, what are some of the best 3G Android platforms available from Verizon? (Verizon seems unaware they sale anything that is not Android.)
"if you dont need 4g, go with the droid 3 or the htc incredible 2"

Excellent choices xjli, If I hadn't gotten the LG, the 3 was probably going to win out. Very nice phone.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
*Going to go and make the corny joke here....

Welcome to the Revoultion.

*ducks the oncoming rotten fruit*

Seriously, welcome and as a personal user of the Revo I have been enjying the phone. I would reccomend changing the keyboard to something like swift key orone of the app store keyboards, but that is personal preference. Good Luck!

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm a former Storm2 user. I'll never go back. This phone absolutely kills any BB. Even if this isn't the greatest android phone (depends on who's yelling loudest), it's still a purchase I'll never regret. Enjoy!

ChrisS9938

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
i love it. the one on my ally was easily 2-3 times brighter.

When did it become necessary for us to have blinding lights. At least at night I can lay the phone face-down for no problems, but I had to put tape over my Dish receiver. It lit up the whole room.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie