Revo Updatre

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else gotten the small update for the Revolution? I am downloading and installing it now, I will update when I get more info.

update* looks like the update failed due to my recovery. hmmm have to bring this up to thecubed on xda.

AWDmonster

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else gotten the small update for the Revolution? I am downloading and installing it now, I will update when I get more info.

update* looks like the update failed due to my recovery. hmmm have to bring this up to thecubed on xda.

Yeah I'm rooted also and I got an incomplete when my phone tried to install it. I did super one click so I may just unroot to install it.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Had the Revo for a couple of weeks and just did the update; no problems. Not sure what it fixed, exactly. There's probably a list somewhere? It didn't fix an annoying problem I'm having and Verizon even talked to the LG rep: I have one Comcast account with two mailboxes. The phone will accept one, but not the other. Verizon spent over an hour trying to figure this out and they couldn't. So, I had to open that other mailbox in a third-party email system (MailDroid) as a work-around. Also, my iSyncr won't work and several other of my paid apps won't work, either. New phones are fun to have, but they do have their downsides.:confused:

AWDmonster

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
looks like I lost my root/ability to root with SOC after the update.....still trying to figure out why it is getting hung up.

whats really weird is that the "Screenshot" app still works but bloat freezer does NOT work.

Last edited:

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The update broke root for me and SOC doesn't work. Although I think I had to use ADB to root before anyway. I'll try that when I get home tonight so I can refreeze all the bloat. What a pain. :(

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a Thunderbolt, so I don't know how you Revolutioners do things, but aren't you not supposed to install an OTA update while rooted? On a lot of rooted phones OTA's fudge things up.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It would appear you are correct! Had I thought about it, I would have waited. Serves me right for doing an update when I was exhausted! :'(

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
It bricked my phone! It goes to the Verizon and 4G logos then the screen goes blank. It does a little vibrate every 15-20 seconds and that's it. Any ideas how to fix this? I'm not rooted.

Last edited: