Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1 Chevyno1 1.0 ulv

Default Revo Updatre

Has anyone else gotten the small update for the Revolution? I am downloading and installing it now, I will update when I get more info.

update* looks like the update failed due to my recovery. hmmm have to bring this up to thecubed on xda.
    [ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 on Moto Droid
    [Kernal] Chevyno1 7-slot 1.0 ghz Ultra LowVoltage
    [Recovery] CWM

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Man View Post
    Has anyone else gotten the small update for the Revolution? I am downloading and installing it now, I will update when I get more info.

update* looks like the update failed due to my recovery. hmmm have to bring this up to thecubed on xda.
    Yeah I'm rooted also and I got an incomplete when my phone tried to install it. I did super one click so I may just unroot to install it.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Revo Updatre

Small update? The damn thing is 72 megs...

I am rooted with superoneclick and it looks like it went through fine.

http://androidcommunity.com/lg-revol...bugs-20110802/
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1 Chevyno1 1.0 ulv

Quote Originally Posted by pirahna View Post
    Do you have recovery too?
    [ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 on Moto Droid
    [Kernal] Chevyno1 7-slot 1.0 ghz Ultra LowVoltage
    [Recovery] CWM

Do you have anything freezed? I will give it another shot to see if it will go through

Yup, mine will not go through

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Man View Post
    Do you have recovery too?
    I don't know what recovery is, I do have titanium backup.

Quote Originally Posted by AWDmonster View Post
    Do you have anything freezed? I will give it another shot to see if it will go through
    I haven't frozen anything yet, I just rooted a couple of days ago.

I haven't frozen anything yet, I just rooted a couple of days ago.
    Got mine to update, just defrosted everything and it worked! Guess it was looking for apps I had frozen

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

Had the Revo for a couple of weeks and just did the update; no problems. Not sure what it fixed, exactly. There's probably a list somewhere? It didn't fix an annoying problem I'm having and Verizon even talked to the LG rep: I have one Comcast account with two mailboxes. The phone will accept one, but not the other. Verizon spent over an hour trying to figure this out and they couldn't. So, I had to open that other mailbox in a third-party email system (MailDroid) as a work-around. Also, my iSyncr won't work and several other of my paid apps won't work, either. New phones are fun to have, but they do have their downsides.

looks like I lost my root/ability to root with SOC after the update.....still trying to figure out why it is getting hung up.

whats really weird is that the "Screenshot" app still works but bloat freezer does NOT work.

The update broke root for me and SOC doesn't work. Although I think I had to use ADB to root before anyway. I'll try that when I get home tonight so I can refreeze all the bloat. What a pain.
    Themer

ROM
    dasBAMF

I have a Thunderbolt, so I don't know how you Revolutioners do things, but aren't you not supposed to install an OTA update while rooted? On a lot of rooted phones OTA's fudge things up.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Favorite ROMs - dasBAMF Forever, SkyRaider Zeus Preview, dasBAMF 1.8.6 Remix
    If I helped ya, click da button!

It would appear you are correct! Had I thought about it, I would have waited. Serves me right for doing an update when I was exhausted!

It bricked my phone! It goes to the Verizon and 4G logos then the screen goes blank. It does a little vibrate every 15-20 seconds and that's it. Any ideas how to fix this? I'm not rooted.
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2