Revolution Update and Rooting

Spagalicious

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to know if the update is for certain blocking the root of the revolution. I'm going to try the downgrade here in a bit. Does the su still become read only for some people? Are people still getting permission denied pre-update? I have gone through all directions I can find and always get stuck at that point. I've done all the workarounds I can. I'm just trying to get my facts straight...and get rid of all this junkware on the phone. Thanks.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be, although I'm not 100% certain. I have tried every workaround and rooting exploit I could find and nothing works. I always get about halfway through before I can't go further.

Good luck and let us all know if you manage to downgrade. I'm sure a lot of us would be very interested! ;)

Spagalicious

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be, although I'm not 100% certain. I have tried every workaround and rooting exploit I could find and nothing works. I always get about halfway through before I can't go further.

Good luck and let us all know if you manage to downgrade. I'm sure a lot of us would be very interested! ;)

Well, I have downgraded successfully but am still getting the same errors when trying to root. Superoneclick and manual root. The su is still giving permission denied and adb usb doesn't do a thing to give me the # in adb shell. I don't know what the update did, but it definitely screwed things up. Its too bad. So much potential in this phone once all the crap is removed. Hopefully someone can find a way soon. If anyone is interested, the downgrade instructions are over at xda.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have downgraded successfully but am still getting the same errors when trying to root. Superoneclick and manual root. The su is still giving permission denied and adb usb doesn't do a thing to give me the # in adb shell. I don't know what the update did, but it definitely screwed things up. Its too bad. So much potential in this phone once all the crap is removed. Hopefully someone can find a way soon. If anyone is interested, the downgrade instructions are over at xda.
Not sure if I've got the patience right now, but thanks for posting your results. I remember that when I rooted the first time, I had problems with adb and s1c also. It had something to do with the permissions on the /bin folder not being r/w. Can't remember what I did to rectify the problem though. Might be why I bought Root Explorer! Can't think why I'd use it otherwise.

Here's the link at xda for the downgrade instructions:
[FIX] Updated by accident? Lost your Root? Downgrading Instructions - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon