4G and Battery life...

garberinc

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a Revo- non rooted. I am looking to help save some battery life (which is fairly horrible to begin with). I live in an area with spotty 4G but my question is- if I am in an area of known 3G and no 4G yet, if I disable the phone from looking for 4G will this save battery?

Thanks

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
That's what I do and I see a definite difference. Location is off, too. I keep the Bluetooth on for my car, and wi fi, and find that the resources they use are minimal. Even so, I usually have to juice up during the day at least once.

hawksfan01

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I use Juice Defender on my Revo, and it works excellent. Normally 12-14 hours on a charge. It turns of Internet services and Wifi when the phone is idle.

garberinc

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I just started using "Settings" from the market. It disconnects all data. Leaves you with just a phone and SMS basically. Yesterday I went from 0700 until 1400 and the battery was at 99%! This will work well if you know youre going to be away without a charger or are already low on battery.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a Revo- non rooted. I am looking to help save some battery life (which is fairly horrible to begin with). I live in an area with spotty 4G but my question is- if I am in an area of known 3G and no 4G yet, if I disable the phone from looking for 4G will this save battery?

Thanks

Other than the battery life are you happy with your Revolution. It's on sale for $49 and I'm thinking of using my upgrade on that or the DINC2 because of the low cost.

ebauman

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I have 4G turned on with my Revo, and with an extended battery, I still find myself charging at the end of the day. I have all location, bluetooth, and WiFi services disabled. I'm considering installing Juice Defender or Settings to try and mitigate some of these issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay