1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Boot to Black/ Factory Reset... HELP!!!!

I have the unrooted Revo on VZW. I am on my second device- after six or seven factory resets. I am experiencing the boot to black screen which requires a factory wipe to get the thing functional again.
    I have heard several possible fixes, the most plausible being,
    1) a corrupt sd card
    2) an app or widget that changes the phone profiles to 'silent'.

Has anyone heard of this or a more definitive fix? This is driving me crazy and makes carrying a phone useless sometimes.
    Please help!

Default Re: Boot to Black/ Factory Reset... HELP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garberinc View Post
    I have the unrooted Revo on VZW. I am on my second device- after six or seven factory resets. I am experiencing the boot to black screen which requires a factory wipe to get the thing functional again.
    I have heard several possible fixes, the most plausible being,
    1) a corrupt sd card
    2) an app or widget that changes the phone profiles to 'silent'.

Has anyone heard of this or a more definitive fix? This is driving me crazy and makes carrying a phone useless sometimes.
    Please help!
    Hi garberinc,

I have great news for you! Since you posted, a software update was made available for the LG Revolution. When reviewing this update and it's benefits, I am showing that the black screen issue is addressed. So, this update should resolve the issue you are having with your device and you will enjoy it much more.

Here are the steps for you to update the device. Please make sure you do not use the phone while it is updating. Also, make sure that you have at least 50% battery power when performing the update.

Menu
    Settings
    About Phone
    Software Update

I hope this information is helpful.

^CB
    VZW Support
    Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport