Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

brobert7

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I will happily confirm that this absolutely worked! First try. No trouble. After trying like 30 times with other methods on version 2.2.2 and not being successful, I am ecstatic to see that this works with 2.3.4, and I can finally get Bing off my freaking phone!!!

Thanks for the info ashtonpeek!

dleggett

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Worked for me. Ran exploit 3 times. Confirmed with root checker and the successful re-install of my rooted apps with titanium back-up. Thanks!

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
it is stuck at 'daemon started successfully'

Ah, it isn't connecting to adb. Navigate to where adb is on your computer and shift+click on the background of the folder then hit open command prompt from here. Type "adb devices" and see what happens. (in not sure if the adb that came in the esteem root folder is good enough, I have the sdk on my computer... if nothing happens, or adb command not recognized, post back here and ill find out more for ya...)

Edit: actually just do the whole adb thing and say what it returns. Also, you are in internet connect mode with usb debugging on? (figured id make sure)

Ice Cream Kanged & GingerVolted VS910 4G

flyingbslap

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
WTF the exploit appears to run fine. There are several "other path" messages but it completes and says "enjoy!" However, root checker says no-go. Help, the Revo sucks ass without root!

flyingbslap

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply, I will try it tonight!

Update: Perfect! My Backup Pro and Root Explorer firing on all cylinders. Thank you! Which clockwork recovery should I load? 4.0.0.2-pr1 or !!Revo Stock!!?

Last edited:

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply, I will try it tonight!

Update: Perfect! My Backup Pro and Root Explorer firing on all cylinders. Thank you! Which clockwork recovery should I load? 4.0.0.2-pr1 or !!Revo Stock!!?

It asks you? Haha. I didn't use it, just know people had success w that. If you want clockwork to flash things then 4. 0. 0. 2 otherwise neither...

VS910 4G Kangwich

zombiearmy

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Says my revo is rooted. I still can't unbing my phone. Can someone elaborate the steps that need to be taken. also The lights on front search, app, home buttons are not lighting up anymore and only light when I adjust screen brightness.

Last edited:

flyingbslap

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, the 2.3.4 was rooted, I upgraded my phone, and performed factory reset before I unfroze the frozen programs. Revo is stuck in Clockwork Recovery. Where do I go to get this phone ready to sell? Thanks.

chami4lyf

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Ah, it isn't connecting to adb. Navigate to where adb is on your computer and shift+click on the background of the folder then hit open command prompt from here. Type "adb devices" and see what happens. (in not sure if the adb that came in the esteem root folder is good enough, I have the sdk on my computer... if nothing happens, or adb command not recognized, post back here and ill find out more for ya...)

Edit: actually just do the whole adb thing and say what it returns. Also, you are in internet connect mode with usb debugging on? (figured id make sure)

Ice Cream Kanged & GingerVolted VS910 4G
I'm also stuck at daemon started successfully, I typed adb devices in the command prompt and it said ADB is not a recognized internal or external command...what do I do?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power