Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Cool Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    the root for the lg esteem will work on the revolution....

    im pretty sure this is the link i used but im not on the same computer so do some more reasearch...

    but i did sucessfully root my revo with the lg esteem root....

    LG Esteem OneClickRoot NOW READY!! | AndroidNerds.net
    Last edited by ashtonpeek; 10-31-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Thanked by:
    wahaj27 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    how do i know if it worked?
  3. #3  
    S.Meezy's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    ROM
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jlstone.55 View Post
    how do i know if it worked?
    Root Checker from the market. If you see superuser in your app drawer w this method it prob worked tho.

    Ice Cream Kanged & GingerVolted VS910 4G
    Phones are my drug of choice
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    I will happily confirm that this absolutely worked! First try. No trouble. After trying like 30 times with other methods on version 2.2.2 and not being successful, I am ecstatic to see that this works with 2.3.4, and I can finally get Bing off my freaking phone!!!

    Thanks for the info ashtonpeek!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    is it supposed to take long
  6. #6  
    S.Meezy's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    ROM
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satlgrevo View Post
    is it supposed to take long
    No, where is it sticking when ur trying?

    Ice Cream Kanged & GingerVolted VS910 4G
    Phones are my drug of choice
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    it is stuck at 'daemon started successfully'
  8. #8  

    Smile Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    Worked for me. Ran exploit 3 times. Confirmed with root checker and the successful re-install of my rooted apps with titanium back-up. Thanks!
  9. #9  
    S.Meezy's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    ROM
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satlgrevo View Post
    it is stuck at 'daemon started successfully'
    Ah, it isn't connecting to adb. Navigate to where adb is on your computer and shift+click on the background of the folder then hit open command prompt from here. Type "adb devices" and see what happens. (in not sure if the adb that came in the esteem root folder is good enough, I have the sdk on my computer... if nothing happens, or adb command not recognized, post back here and ill find out more for ya...)

    Edit: actually just do the whole adb thing and say what it returns. Also, you are in internet connect mode with usb debugging on? (figured id make sure)

    Ice Cream Kanged & GingerVolted VS910 4G
    Phones are my drug of choice
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    WTF the exploit appears to run fine. There are several "other path" messages but it completes and says "enjoy!" However, root checker says no-go. Help, the Revo sucks *** without root!
  11. #11  
    S.Meezy's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    ROM
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingbslap View Post
    WTF the exploit appears to run fine. There are several "other path" messages but it completes and says "enjoy!" However, root checker says no-go. Help, the Revo sucks *** without root!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=18914166

    Try that 1.

    Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
    Phones are my drug of choice
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    Thanks for the quick reply, I will try it tonight!

    Update: Perfect! My Backup Pro and Root Explorer firing on all cylinders. Thank you! Which clockwork recovery should I load? 4.0.0.2-pr1 or !!Revo Stock!!?
    Last edited by flyingbslap; 11-04-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Update
  13. #13  
    S.Meezy's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    ROM
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingbslap View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, I will try it tonight!

    Update: Perfect! My Backup Pro and Root Explorer firing on all cylinders. Thank you! Which clockwork recovery should I load? 4.0.0.2-pr1 or !!Revo Stock!!?
    It asks you? Haha. I didn't use it, just know people had success w that. If you want clockwork to flash things then 4. 0. 0. 2 otherwise neither...

    VS910 4G Kangwich
    Phones are my drug of choice
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    the oneclick root for the LG Esteem works ... I'm running 2.3.4 on my LG Revolution.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    Says my revo is rooted. I still can't unbing my phone. Can someone elaborate the steps that need to be taken. also The lights on front search, app, home buttons are not lighting up anymore and only light when I adjust screen brightness.
    Last edited by zombiearmy; 11-07-2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: found another issue
  16. #16  
    SpaceHippie's Avatar
    Journeyman

    Posts
    1,508 Posts
    ROM
    A

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    still no mac method?
  17. #17  
    S.Meezy's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    ROM
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitansJonne View Post
    still no mac method?
    ... adb possibly, Idk if the commands would be different... if ur willing to try, I can get those for ya...

    VS910 4G Kangwich
    Phones are my drug of choice
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    Okay, the 2.3.4 was rooted, I upgraded my phone, and performed factory reset before I unfroze the frozen programs. Revo is stuck in Clockwork Recovery. Where do I go to get this phone ready to sell? Thanks.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    Quote Originally Posted by S.Meezy View Post
    Ah, it isn't connecting to adb. Navigate to where adb is on your computer and shift+click on the background of the folder then hit open command prompt from here. Type "adb devices" and see what happens. (in not sure if the adb that came in the esteem root folder is good enough, I have the sdk on my computer... if nothing happens, or adb command not recognized, post back here and ill find out more for ya...)

    Edit: actually just do the whole adb thing and say what it returns. Also, you are in internet connect mode with usb debugging on? (figured id make sure)

    Ice Cream Kanged & GingerVolted VS910 4G
    I'm also stuck at daemon started successfully, I typed adb devices in the command prompt and it said ADB is not a recognized internal or external command...what do I do?
  20. #20  
    RotKT's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    not working,
    keep on saying trying then permission denied.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    i have a lg revolution 2.3.4 that i am trying to root...just rooted my thunderbolt and love it..removed tons of bloatware from verizon...
    question is: trying to root revo with oneclick method but can't find LGRevolutionRoot.zip since the multiupload website was taken down...
    Please help...is there another location with that file or does anyone have access to it...thanks so much..
  22. #22  
    brad6360's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    ROM
    Gingervolt 2.0

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    I never could get super one click to work, but this one worked the first time.

    LG Revo
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    Quote Originally Posted by RotKT View Post
    not working,
    keep on saying trying then permission denied.
    Same here; permission denied
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    Ditto. Permission denied.
    V2.3.6.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: Root your revo after 2.3.4 update

    Quote Originally Posted by chami4lyf View Post
    I'm also stuck at daemon started successfully, I typed adb devices in the command prompt and it said ADB is not a recognized internal or external command...what do I do?
    navigate to the folder where abd is in the command prompt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions