any advice for new revo owner?

RKGina

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I will getting my new revo (bought off eBay new), and I am looking for any do's and don't's. I bought one when they came out, and although I loved the phone, I had app issues, and they were interfering with my messenger app. I kept going back to the I INDEPENDENT Verizon store, and once they sold me the phone, they didn't wanna know me anymore. So unfortunately I ditched the phone and got a Droid x2.. I don't care for this phone...truly loved the revo, just needed help.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Gina

MeshiaSamurai

May 19, 2011
Visit site
What kind of app issues were you having with your revo before? Just got this phone for my wife. Rooted it, flashed a ROM, and so far have had ZERO complaints.

RKGina

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Texts would never send, wifi would never connect and if it did itwould drop right away...phone would constantly reboot....got my new one, and went to Verizon to activate cause it didn't come with a sim card. I went to look for a case...nothing left..looked for the revo on the floor,..gone....they said they discontinued it. So far so good with this one tho...its only been a day tho :)

MeshiaSamurai

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I got one for my wife a week ago. So far, so good. I rooted it out of the box though. From what I understand, the Gingerbread update fixed quite a few issues. If you are not opposed to rooting and flashing a custom ROM, mtmichaelson over at XDA has done a great job with his Gingervolt ROM. Stable and snappy. Even has a custom kernel to overclock your CPU, if you want.

We haven't played around with texting much, because we use Google Voice. Haven't had to connect to wifi for anything either. Noticed it had issues connecting to my PC and tablet with WiFi Hotspot, but I found a fix for that.

Haven't had any random reboots. My wife gets kind of click happy, and has caused the system to freeze up, but that's nothing I haven't encountered in other Android devices.

MeshiaSamurai

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Update: I have connected to WiFi with my Revolution (yeah, I liked my wife's so much that I got one for myself) and have not had any problems with it dropping the connection. No major issues with the device at all.

I am rooted, running Gingervolt with the stock kernel. Got some great results with performance when I was using the overclocking kernel (Blitzkrieg), but battery life was terrible.

Compared to other phones that I have had, it's 3G connection seems to be more stable, and faster. And 4G? Let's just say I wish we had more areas with 4G available out here where I live. Very fast! I'm glad I have the old unlimited plan, or I would be racking up some serious overages. Just can't help taking advantage of the speed boost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney