So? Anyone not as interested in the Revolution anymore?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, the idea of getting exclusive Netflix for a period of time made the Revolution stand out a little bit more than it does now to me.

-Suntan

drdave319

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
yes and no....If it still comes out on the 25th...I'll get it..otherwise I'll "probably" get whatever 4G phone actually DOES make it out first (not the TB)!!!

funlap38

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I was waiting so patiently for the Bionic until the delay on my little Eris that could, but have been lurking in the Revolution forums as the Netflix was quite the addition for this phone, now I don't know if it is worth it because 4G seems so unproven still.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I was waiting so patiently for the Bionic until the delay on my little Eris that could, but have been lurking in the Revolution forums as the Netflix was quite the addition for this phone, now I don't know if it is worth it because 4G seems so unproven still.

Yeah. 4G sounds great, and really when you're in the clear it would be. But my home is on the edge of the 4G map here and inside the office I?m lucky to get 3G and not fall back to 1x a lot of the time.

The biggest issue is that I?m trying to convince myself that I want a 4.3? phone, but really they just all look big and ugly to me.

Right now the Dinc2 is looking better and better, even if it isn?t super-powered. I?m even toying with the notion of waiting for the HP Pre3 to release on Verizon.

I know there are a lot of people that absolutely rail against the notion of using your phone for watching video, but there are times when it would be useful, and I don?t have the free time to convert movies or TV shows and transfer them to the phone.

I wish Verizon would get their act together. Figure out how to get reliable 4G without needing to truck a car battery around with you. Then release a couple of 4? or 3.7? phones with 4G and top end specs? Is that too much to ask for? :confused:

-Suntan

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. 4G sounds great, and really when you're in the clear it would be. But my home is on the edge of the 4G map here and inside the office I’m lucky to get 3G and not fall back to 1x a lot of the time.

The biggest issue is that I’m trying to convince myself that I want a 4.3” phone, but really they just all look big and ugly to me.

Right now the Dinc2 is looking better and better, even if it isn’t super-powered. I’m even toying with the notion of waiting for the HP Pre3 to release on Verizon.

I know there are a lot of people that absolutely rail against the notion of using your phone for watching video, but there are times when it would be useful, and I don’t have the free time to convert movies or TV shows and transfer them to the phone.

I wish Verizon would get their act together. Figure out how to get reliable 4G without needing to truck a car battery around with you. Then release a couple of 4” or 3.7” phones with 4G and top end specs… Is that too much to ask for? :confused:

-Suntan

It really depends on what metro area you are in when it comes to LTE. My office is in an LTE area and my home is in the middle of an LTE area but is considered an Extended Coverage Area because the area is in a bit of a valley, but I still stay connected to LTE on my Thunderbolt 99 times out of 100. Of course I don't get the same speed in the extended area as the full blown areas, but I still get good connection and speed. From the comparisons in the Thunderbolt forum, St. Louis' LTE network seems to be a bit stronger and more stable than just about any place else in the country though. That's why it really depends on your particular LTE network.

drdave319

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...I agree! I work in Columbus, OH and live in Pataskala (east suburb). Work is smack dab in the middle of LTE and home is "Extended Coverage"! While I don't have an LTE phone to test it with, I'm hoping that whenever VZW decides to actually release another LTE phone, I may pick it up and find out first hand. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the smartphone features and 3G speeds I've never had (still on that wonderful 1X network!!!.....UGH!)

4G is going to be a great thing, without a doubt. However, it's going to be how the hardware (phones) actually use it that will make all the difference in the world! I was initially "awed" by dual core phones...but quickly realized that unless I'm using my phone as a laptop, it won't really make that big of a difference Even watching streaming TV/movies won't make that big of a difference.

The LG Revolution's specs are, at this point in time, more than sufficient at doing what I need a phone to do. I will be able to make phone calls, video calls (which is HUGE for me!), text, browse the web, GPS, and stream video (Netflix). I'm not needing it to create Powerpoint presentations while I've got an Excel spreadsheet, a couple Word docs, Adobe Flash presentations, and my MP3 player playing in the background!

My biggest complaint now is simply the lack of communication from VZW on what the hold up is and why all their phones as well as their network are having issues. Maybe it's simply a "cause and effect" thing....the network had to be altered which, in turn, caused the phones to need to be altered (Thunderbolt JUST got a software change, Charge was delayed, Revolution is possibly delayed or at least has been changed according to the FCC update notice....etc...)

Hmmm....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007