Got my LG Revolution Today

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I just assumed a typo, 29.99 is what he meant...

I have the unlimited data for $9.99 as well. Awhile back there was an offer through the loyalty department that went out. It was posted on a few forums and several people (myself included) were able to take advantage of it. The offer expired quite awhile ago unfortunately.

Reactions: orchidsbloom

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the unlimited data for $9.99 as well. Awhile back there was an offer through the loyalty department that went out. It was posted on a few forums and several people (myself included) were able to take advantage of it. The offer expired quite awhile ago unfortunately.

I am still running an old Altell plan from when they MADE me switch to Verizon.. I just got the Revolution today, and they let me keep it which was great. First good thing Verizon has ever done for me.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

isn't that a kick in the d!(k, nice deal fellas!

AWDmonster

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Got rid of my DINC for the REVO (wanted to get in on unlimited 4g while I can) and must say so far I haven't been let down. GF had the tbolt already so decided to try something else. Can't wait to root. Left my DINC stock/unrooted because it was that good of a phone. Just want to freeze/remove the bloat.

gcims

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Got rid of my DINC for the REVO (wanted to get in on unlimited 4g while I can) and must say so far I haven't been let down. GF had the tbolt already so decided to try something else. Can't wait to root. Left my DINC stock/unrooted because it was that good of a phone. Just want to freeze/remove the bloat.
Interested in hearing your thoughts on your Rev v. GF's TB. Please post your thoughts because I cannot for the life of me decide which of the three LTE phones to get...

AWDmonster

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Interested in hearing your thoughts on your Rev v. GF's TB. Please post your thoughts because I cannot for the life of me decide which of the three LTE phones to get...

Will do, give me a day or to to get more familiar with the phone and I'll post impressions here.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

It's the exact opposite with my wife and I. I have the Thunderbolt and my wife has the Revolution. I must say the Revolution is a nice device. I still like the Thunderbolt a little bit better, but I really do like the Revolution.

KaneOfMars

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the Revo on Sat from amazon ... been holding on to my upgrade for over a year now, I wanted the Bionic but I figured I better take advantage of the unlimited data while I still can. My Revo is supposed to arrive on Wed, this has been the longest weekend ever!

AWDmonster

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

Sorry for the delay, but here goes my attempt,

First off, both phones are awesome and 4g just makes them that much better.

Revo

Pros:
- Battery life seems a tad bit better on the Revo
- App drawer managment (personal preference, but I came from Sense and I do like this feature on the Revo)
- Widget adding on the homescreen(s), again personal preference.
- Overall layout of LG Home (personal preference again)
- Swype preinstalled
- Netflix

Cons:
- NO Video chat app works yet with the FFC. Fring/Qik/ooVoo/Tango all do not work.
- Lack of support in the rooting community (still early, but I feel this device will not get as much support as the TBolt)
- Volume seems a bit low sometimes
- Lag when pinching on the home screen to bring out the 7 home screen cards

TBolt

Pros:
- Hardware (overall a sleeker looking device,imo)
- Built in kickstand
- Screen responsiveness (I still have the factory screen cover/protector on my Revo so I am not sure if that makes a difference)
- Stock keyboard (like how it has visible punctuation's on the QWERTY)
- More aftermarket support (batteries, cases, etc.)

Cons:
- Random reboots (will get fixed however)
- Battery life (if your in a 4g area, carry a charger/extra batteries)
- A lot of wire headsets did NOT work with it, went through buying/returning a few to find one that works
- No Netflix (yet)

I really like both phones, however if your big into rooting, I'd probably recommend getting the TBolt. For me, basic rooting was all I needed. Speed wise, they were pretty even when opening web pages and apps (side by side when opening apps, the transition/animation on the Revo made it feel a tad bit slower although it looked a bit cleaner). I could make the TBolt bog down opening and closing apps while the Revo would take a little bit more to make it bog down. My GF does have more apps installed so that may contribute to it.

Overall, I will stick with the Revo I like it (especially since I de-BING'd mine). I just really hope all of the video chat app companies/developers fix their apps as I was looking forward to them coming from a phone without a FFC.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I went from a Dinc to the Revo and couldn't be more pleased. Although at first I was getting frustrating lag on screen transitions and touch response, I discovered by following others advice that using alternate launchers helps a lot.

I also decided to root the Revo in order to de-bloat it. Their is no Autoneuter or 1-click root for the Revo yet, so I used the ADB method from AC forums. Pretty simple, as long as one can follow instructions. After rooting, I used Bloat Freezer to freeze much of the bloat based on recommendations from the AC forums here. Loaded up GO Launcher EX and the Revo flies with significantly better battery life.

Even for those who don't want to root, and I can understand why you wouldn't, try changing the launcher to GO or Launcher Pro. They are speedier and smoother than LG Home and free to try. YMMV :)

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Does the Revo have the LTE on/off menu setting like the Charge does? I really feel every current LTE phone should have that feature to help with battery life and was very disappointed the Thunderbolt didn't have this.

modr0010

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Does the Revo have the LTE on/off menu setting like the Charge does? I really feel every current LTE phone should have that feature to help with battery life and was very disappointed the Thunderbolt didn't have this.
Revolution is only $.01 on Amazon today. Very tempting to lock into an unlimited contract.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You can put it in CDMA only mode, but it does require a restart, which the Charge does not.

Reactions: experiment 626

terrapin01

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I played with all 3 4G phones yesterday and I noticed something that I haven't seen commented yet. The Revo had a more sensitive screen than the other 2 phones. That is to say I could scroll screens and pages with much shorter strokes and it reminded me of the iphone in this regard.

This would seem to be a nice usability benefit. Anyone else notice this or able to explain it?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It's just whatever they programmed in for touch response. I noticed it to. Its not quite iPhone level, but its close.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci