Got my LG Revolution Today

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I got my LG Revolution today on my lunch hour. Went BB (had some reward zone cash to spend) so far I am pretty happy with it. I will play more with the Revo tonight (back at work). I chose this instead of getting the ThunderBolt (again) for the 16GB of Internal memory + 16GB microSD card (I have a 32GB card too), the display is NOT the way BGR site claimed it was, here is their quote

Quote from BoyGeniusReport
"We can?t stress this enough, but the display on the Revolution is just disappointing. It?s dull, lacking colors, and looks extremely pixelated."

Not sure what phone they used, but mine is sharp clear and there is no pixelation at all. 4G LTE, built in Qi wireless charging (just buy the LG Charger $69) if you get the Charge or TB you have to buy the special bulky battery door (which will only support the standard battery plus the charger, not worth it.

Processor, EXACTLY the same as the ThunderBolt. I know Bing, so what, I can install ALL of the Google apps, which I do anyways when I get a phone. Optimus UI (TouchWiz Lite as some call it) isn't as bad as claimed. I actually like the way the app drawer is broken out, you have options, get another launcher. Seriously I read all the time how people love/hate Sense, TouchWiz, OptimusUI, MotoBlur so just run something else. You can't do that on an iPhone.

So I will check it out further tonight and post my thoughts, but I am sure there will be others who will chime in.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Anxious for your comments on battery life. This may the 4G phone I go with since the Bionic is nowhere to be found!

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just came from the Vzw store to play with the Revolution, coming from the Charge. Its hard to go back to a standard LCD screen after using the SAMOLED Plus display for a few days. I wasn't to impressed but everyone has their own opinions.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I played with it some, I didn't love it. Its very light which is cool but I think makes it feel cheap. It also somehow feels bigger than other 4.3 inch screens I've played with, but that might have something to with all the security stuff they have on it at the store. The ui was meh for me, but I did love the keyboard. I also noticed some lag compared to my dinc, which should not be the case. Over all I would say it's decent, but not a sale for me who wants everything perfect.

Incidentally, I also played with the xperia play, since that's the other one I was looking at. I'd probably buy the play between the two, but I think I'll wait for something else.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

fundo51

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up this afternoon screen looks great on it. Love the home screens and launcher, will take some getting used to. No 4g here so can't test it out. It was getting extremely hot while charging and slowed down alot. Lots of force closes and hangs while charging, but when taken off the charger everything worked fine. Don't know what thats about. Lots of internal memory to play around with. Phone seems faster than my DX and loads pages quicker, tested both on wifi. All in all seems like a good phone to me except for Bing of course.

Also don't see any problems with screen as OP stated in BGR quote

Last edited:

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with Raptor when he says that he can just download all the google apps. The only thing that has to be bing is the default browser, which is exactly like google but a different look to it.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Quote from BoyGeniusReport
"We can?t stress this enough, but the display on the Revolution is just disappointing. It?s dull, lacking colors, and looks extremely pixelated."

Not sure what phone they used, but mine is sharp clear and there is no pixelation at all.

I dunno. The one I played with was very disappointing. It reminded me a LOT of the original Evo's screen. Not the highest-quality LCD screen (individual pixels are easy to make out and it isn't that sharp), but not the worst either.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine is charging and I will see how it goes tomorrow, with email, calls and web surfing. My market doesn't have 4G (yet) so I will leave it as is (won't put in the nice app to force 3G only) so we can get an idea of what it's like for those who live in 3G/4G markets.

Again, its really a personal choice on which phone, I chose not to be swayed one way or another. I opted to get it at Best Buy so I have 15 days to return without losing my upgrade or 30 days to get a different phone. Either way I think I will be happy.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have read 768MB and 512MB of RAM on different sites. I will say it is a responsive phone, and as quick as my ThunderBolt was.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Are there still only two people on this entire forum who have actually purchased the phone? I actually think I'm sold but the fact that no one else is getting it makes me nervous. Guess I was never a trailblazer. Also if its not popular I'm nervous it will get little support. The 5 vs 8 camera is also bugging me a little.

Jasbo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Are there still only two people on this entire forum who have actually purchased the phone? I actually think I'm sold but the fact that no one else is getting it makes me nervous. Guess I was never a trailblazer. Also if its not popular I'm nervous it will get little support. The 5 vs 8 camera is also bugging me a little.

seriously? It just came out yesterday! Give it a week and im sure we'll see more comments on people who bought this.. Im considering it myself along with a Charge and will be purchasing one or the other next week.

so far I can say the Revo is WAY faster then the Charge in a "default" UI setting... the stock browser was no comparison. I will say that I noticed the Charge has a more sensitive screen and seems to work better with light touch. Maybe theres a sensitivity setting on the Revo?

drdave319

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well...I've had mine for a week now.
(got one early....it's good to 'know people'!)

Anyway...battery life is A LOT shorter than my LG DARE, but that's to be expected. It's leaps and bounds better than the TB, though!
I've been messing around with it a bit and am enjoying it immensely!
NetFlix streaming is beautiful...say what you will about it NOT being sAMOLED, but I'm more than happy with it.

Love to hear other people's impressions, though!

DAVE

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Well...I've had mine for a week now.
(got one early....it's good to 'know people'!)

Anyway...battery life is A LOT shorter than my LG DARE, but that's to be expected. It's leaps and bounds better than the TB, though!
I've been messing around with it a bit and am enjoying it immensely!
NetFlix streaming is beautiful...say what you will about it NOT being sAMOLED, but I'm more than happy with it.

Love to hear other people's impressions, though!

DAVE

About how long would you say a full charge would last on the REVO?

durindal

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I plan on going into a store and checking the Revolution out. The Charge felt "cheap" when I went to looked at it in Best Buy, esp. compared to the Thunderbolt --- I'm hoping the Revolution "feels" better.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I plan on going into a store and checking the Revolution out. The Charge felt "cheap" when I went to looked at it in Best Buy, esp. compared to the Thunderbolt --- I'm hoping the Revolution "feels" better.

I think I'm going to do the same today.
LTE is supposed to be launched in my area on June 16th.
I'm nervous that the tiered plans are coming shortly afterwards.
I think its between the TB and the REVO right now as far as my options unless the BIONIC pops up within the next week or so. I figure if I get either the REVO or the TB next week I'll have my 15 days to play before being stuck for the next two years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz