Video Chat?

Rex126

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I picked up my revo on launch day and love the phone. One of the neat things about it is the front facing camera, however, I cannot seem to find a single app out there that allows you to use it for video chat! Anyone know what the deal is with that? Skype was supposed to launch with the TB and that didn't pan out so im not sure whats going on there.... I tried tango and not only does it use the back camera, but it has no sound, I also tried fring which has sound but only uses the back camera. Its just weird that they promote the LG revo and TB and the like as having great 4g connection and a front facing camera to make video chatting smooth and efffective, but i cant seem to figure out how to do it......:-[

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
You might want to go to the camera app and switch the camera that you are using to the front facing camera and then exit the app. Then go back into one of the video chat apps and see if it works.

Rex126

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses btw :) .. But yea i suppose this is one of those things where patience is a virtue and wait till either tango updates the program or the GB update rolls out. Its just hard to wait since each of those things dont have an expected date yet. Oh well :'(

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
i was browsing around youtube searching android video chat,and there was vidoes with the cellphone geeks using google talk video chat..im assuming all android devices w/ the front facing camera has this app?

Randall@Tango

Apr 15, 2011
support.tango.me
Hey guys,

Congratulations on your new LG Revolution! It looks like a fantastic device ;) I just wanted to let you all know that we are aware of the camera issue that exists during Tango calls. Our engineers are currently investigating this and we hope to get Tango working on the LG Revolution as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar