Droid Charge or LG Revolution?

rumors

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to decide between the Droid Charge and the LG Revolution. I imagine there are a few people doing this now.
Has anyone evaluated both the Charge and the Revolution? If yes, what do you think?
I have not found a good, thorough comparison from someone who used both. I searched both phones' forums and found no really detailed comparison --more than just the AMOLED screen is great, and Bing sucks. (though the How do you like the Rev thread has added some insight)

Thanks!

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I traded my Charge for the Revo. The Revolution is so much quicker, feels solid (not cheap like the Charge), and battery life is solid. I have a Thunderbolt too, and I think the LG Revolution is by far a better phone than any of those.

navycow

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I also traded in a charge for the revo. absolutely loved the charge, but the revo seemed much quicker. After rooting and debloating and installing a deodexed rom and upgrading to ext4, the charge it was on par with the revo. however even though the charge had a nicer screen, i went with the revo based on the following pluses:
- Dont like the wake button on the side of the charge... kept changing volume when trying to lock it
- camera on the charge was technically higher MP, but the revo took better pics
- netflix
- LED

ultimately it has to be a hardware choice since they are both rooted and we can do what we want software wise. I had to decide if the battery life on the charge and the nicer screen was a good trade off for my preferred placement of buttons, LED, and camera performance. Obviously I went Revo.

Incidentally for all my talk of rooting, romming, deodexing etc on the charge, I have done none of that (aside from rooting) on my revo and I am very happy.

Reactions: orchidsbloom

rumors

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I'll have to go by Verizon again and get a better sense of the hardware differences and my preferences. I did not think too much about placement of buttons and how the hardware actually felt. Then later, I'll be back to consider rooting and stuff. I am new to this.

bwhxeon

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Never owned the droid charge, but I did own the fascinate. Hardware wise, the droid charge is the superior phone. The problem is when you compare the samsung phone and lg revolutions software. The droid charge uses RFS file system like the fascinate. This is the cause for its low quadrant scores, since many other phones use Ext file system which is faster. Combine that with samsungs sloppy coding and you get very diffucult phone for devs to work with. There is a plus side when it comes to flashing roms/kernels and thats odin. From my experience you have to practically try to brick your phone to not be able to fix it. Clean roms are always in supply for samsung phones, but customs kernels take a while.

That might not be the case this time around though since the internal specs are very simillar to the fascinate and the fascinate devs seem to have chosen this phone or the thunderbolt to work on.

LG revolution is surpisingly very well out of the box. I don't know if bing has been worked on specifically for this phone, but it seems to be working very well this time around. I'll toss up a review later tonight for some more detailed comparisons, because there are a few things that there isn't much information about and would have made my decision much easier.

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
i bought the Revo today, and other than i'm not used to the ui and the amount of bloat ware on the phone (bing and all the Verizon crap) i am super happy with this phone. Not much lag, i even install adw ex to play and i loved it like that .. I just need to root and get rid of all the extra crap on it.. I am glad that i choose this phone today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22