Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Freezing Problems?

Just wondering if anybody else was having the same problems as me as the general opinion of the Revolution here seems to be pretty good. I love this phone about 95% of the time, but there are two big problems I have with it. Every time I have some sort of incoming notification/event going on, the phone locks up until it's done. For example, when downloading an app the phone freezes until the download/install is finished. Same with an incoming MMS. The worst is for incoming calls it takes ~3 rings to load the answer button. Most of the time the phone is very responsive, but this is going to get annoying very fast.

My second problem is that I can't kill the music player, and it's eating 90% of my battery. I still get decent battery life, but I can't find a way to get out of the app. I tried turning off the controls in the notification drawer and killing through a task killer but it will not die. If there was a way to restore this phone I probably would have rooted it already to try to fix this, but the lack of a restore is holding me back. Also, I do sort of like LG's UI and I'm not ready to give up on it yet

I noticed freezing a couple of times tonight when loading a few apps. It was brief, maybe 10 secs each time, but I agree its irritating.

I also love the phone pretty much 99% of the time. The battery life is great so far, got 14 hrs out of the first full charge. My Dinc never got 14 hrs period.

Can't help you with the Music app issue, I was able to shut it down by taking the controls out of the Notification bar.

Factory reset the REV, should fix it

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I've had it for <24 hours and haven't noticed freezing during install...

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionizer View Post
    Factory reset the REV, should fix it
    If it happens again I will, but I've already loaded a bunch of apps and would rather not have to do it again!

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7.1 Chevyno1 1.0 ulv

Random.. but if we do a factory reset will that get rid of root?

Well my samsung fascinate had a memory manager that I could use to kill the app by clearing the ram, but that was the easy way. CM7 has the same issue and I could never find a way to kil the app from inside the app. You can put a widget/shortcut on the home screen that goes to running apps and then under running apps push music app and click force stop.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

After some more use the freezing issue is a little better. Now the only times I notice it are installing and uninstalling apps sometimes. The rest are gone, and after a restart I'm able to kill the music app. This phone is definitely a keeper, the limited freezing I can deal with

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Man View Post
    Random.. but if we do a factory reset will that get rid of root?
    Just did it, and root remained.

Carrier
    Revo DeCrap 1.1

Seems to me at least when it starts to heat up it has a power manager that cuts the juice to cool it off. Haven't seen it above 100F and at that point is when i get "lag"

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk