Gave up Revolution for Droid Charge - Please Read!

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I've posted on here one or two times, but have been a lurker for years. However, I felt compelled to post about my experience with the LG Revolution. In my opinion, STAY AWAY!!!!!!

First let me say that I loved the phone from the beginning. It didn't have HTC Sense and I was leery of the GPS history of the Samsung phones.

My first phone had the most flawless GPS that I had seen on a phone since the iPhone. It literally found my in the bathroom at my house (don't ask!!). However, the call quality was horrible. Everyone sounded muffled and robotic and it was just embarrassing speaking with my clients.

Fast forward, today I was sent a replacement (actually a new phone since I am within my 14 day time period). Well, the call quality is WORSE and the GPS won't leave Georgia.....and I am in Tennessee.

I'm literally in tears and cried to tech who gave me the option of a Samsung Droid Charge, so that's where I am at now. One thing the tech said is that he would never buy a LG product as they don't have the best reputation with phones.

I've learned my lesson and look forward to what the charge has to bring.

Jasbo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
you had a dud phone bud.... My Revo GPS is SPOT on where ever im at and I love this phone just the opposite of you.

I would tell anyone YES to buying this phone :D

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
you had a dud phone bud.... My Revo GPS is SPOT on where ever im at and I love this phone just the opposite of you.

I would tell anyone YES to buying this phone :D

Jasbo -- The problem is I not only had one dud but two! I just can't deal with returning a phone and then the original problem is fixed only for a new problem to crop up. Not cool.

Jasbo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh I understand! Sorry you had a bad experience.. Good luck with your charge though, They have alot of issues too. The BIG issue with me was the random 4G/3G/1x switching... There were times on the Charge I played with that I had to reboot the phone to get it to pick up 3G again... so annoying.

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've posted on here one or two times, but have been a lurker for years. However, I felt compelled to post about my experience with the LG Revolution. In my opinion, STAY AWAY!!!!!!

First let me say that I loved the phone from the beginning. It didn't have HTC Sense and I was leery of the GPS history of the Samsung phones.

My first phone had the most flawless GPS that I had seen on a phone since the iPhone. It literally found my in the bathroom at my house (don't ask!!). However, the call quality was horrible. Everyone sounded muffled and robotic and it was just embarrassing speaking with my clients.

Fast forward, today I was sent a replacement (actually a new phone since I am within my 14 day time period). Well, the call quality is WORSE and the GPS won't leave Georgia.....and I am in Tennessee.

I'm literally in tears and cried to tech who gave me the option of a Samsung Droid Charge, so that's where I am at now. One thing the tech said is that he would never buy a LG product as they don't have the best reputation with phones.

I've learned my lesson and look forward to what the charge has to bring.

You got a dud, I had a dud DroidX - my first one and they sent me a replacement and everything was fine for almost a year.
Also I know we're trying to make our posts punchier, but I will never believe that a Verizon Representative on a recorded line flat out told you that he would never buy an LG product (a product that the company that signs his paychecks, sells/promotes).
Sorry but you will be disappointed with the Charge. Wait until you feel it in your hands and 2 weeks later see rubbed off paint all over its case.

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
You got a dud, I had a dud DroidX - my first one and they sent me a replacement and everything was fine for almost a year.
Also I know we're trying to make our posts punchier, but I will never believe that a Verizon Representative on a recorded line flat out told you that he would never buy an LG product (a product that the company that signs his paychecks, sells/promotes).
Sorry but you will be disappointed with the Charge. Wait until you feel it in your hands and 2 weeks later see rubbed off paint all over its case.

Well Panerai, I'm sorry you don't believe my statement on what the Verizon rep said but it is true. I mean we are taking about cell phones -- not testifying before Congress. I have no reason to lie and THAT is what was said.

I don't mind a difference of opinion but don't infer that I am liar. Cheers.

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh I understand! Sorry you had a bad experience.. Good luck with your charge though, They have alot of issues too. The BIG issue with me was the random 4G/3G/1x switching... There were times on the Charge I played with that I had to reboot the phone to get it to pick up 3G again... so annoying.

Trust me I am not excited about the charge, but what can you do? I defintely don't want the Thunderbolt, so the Charge is my only 4G option. By the way, how is GPS and call quality on the charge?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Trust me I am not excited about the charge, but what can you do? I defintely don't want the Thunderbolt, so the Charge is my only 4G option. By the way, how is GPS and call quality on the charge?

Why don't you want a Thunderbolt? I've had the Thunderbolt since launch and haven't had even one issue. Call quality is awesome, my GPS is great, and the battery "issue" is greatly overstated. I easily go a whole day on the Thunderbolt.

Now I am in a very good network area so maybe that's why I'm having a really good experience with the Thunderbolt.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I've tested out the Charge and I knew it was a cheaply built phone but do you honestly think it'll be that bad?

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you want a Thunderbolt? I've had the Thunderbolt since launch and haven't had even one issue. Call quality is awesome, my GPS is great, and the battery "issue" is greatly overstated. I easily go a whole day on the Thunderbolt.

Now I am in a very good network area so maybe that's why I'm having a really good experience with the Thunderbolt.

I had a Thunderbolt (long story) and after the update suffered through many reboots. It wasn't until I was on the phone having an intense conversation with a client and the phone rebooted that I decided to NEVER try that phone again.

I glad you have found phone "nirvana"! I'm praying that with this change I will too.

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've tested out the Charge and I knew it was a cheaply built phone but do you honestly think it'll be that bad?

Yes, just google Samsung phone paint wearing off. Also I don't remeber which blog it was phonedog or technobuffalo, they stated that the paint is rubbing off.

Blammo79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was just in a VZW store and played around with the Charge and the Revo. My very brief thoughts are:

The Revo is much snappier device. The UI has no lag, and it is really easy to use.

The Charge is laggy, as has been described before.

Something of note- after running speedtests at the same time, the Charge had a significantly higher Download speed, around 20Mbps, while the Revo was around 10-12Mbps. Both were on 4G. That may be a deal breaker for some people, but for me, I want a more reliable interface, and phone that is easy to use. Probably going to get a Revo soon!

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I myself belive that the Charge feels great in the hand. Yes it fells cheaply made, but what I look for in a phone is something that I can play around with a lot. Also the ROM community is small with the charge.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Something of note- after running speedtests at the same time, the Charge had a significantly higher Download speed, around 20Mbps, while the Revo was around 10-12Mbps. Both were on 4G. That may be a deal breaker for some people, but for me, I want a more reliable interface, and phone that is easy to use. Probably going to get a Revo soon!

Yeah. There's not much you can do with *only* 12Mbps... :p

-Suntan

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
This phone is great.. i have had it for a couple of days and it has been great. The only grip i have is that the Home ui has force closed twice, but i didn't really like it, so i re-downloaded ADW ex and this phone got better. If you are on the fence go with the revolution.. Even the Verizon people here in RDU say they like the revo better than the Charge. Go with your gut. I did, and i am so happy. Revo 4 Life!!! haha

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
don't tell people DO NOT GET THIS PHONE... YOU HAD BAD LUCK 3 in 100 people are complaining about this phone.. That's pretty good odds sooooo

Ummmmm....yeah if I feel like telling people to not get this phone after MY experience, then I will absolutely exercise that right.

Besides, to play on your sentiment -- you have had good luck with your phone and could very well be one of the "3 in 100" people who are praising the phone and have had good luck.

With that I am going to officially leave this forum as I am no longer a "member"! I do wish everyone good luck with their phones as it is always nice to have pieces of technology that make our lives easier.

Take care!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
A couple mins in the store doesnt do the phone justice, And paint peeling, i have 3 fascinates a charge and a captivate and not one has peeling paint and i rip them case of constantly to flash i toss them all over the place and ill take pictures that the plastic has stuck without peeling. And as for the potentional of the phone its 2 downloads and a click away
[/INFO]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX