Coming up on two weeks with the Revolution Should I trade for a Charge

craigbob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
All,

Almost two weeks ago on Fri. I received my Revolution. purchased from VZW on line.

Over all I like it, but there are a few IMO major issues that make me think of returning it and getting a Droid Charge.

The first and most troubling is that fact that even though I'm in a 4G area I have some apps that can not connect via 4g or even 3G. They need Wifi to connect even though they are supposed to use any connection.

I tried several of these on the TB and Charge in the VZW store. and they failed on the TB, but the Charge ran them no problem. I plan on trying them again tonight on the TB and Charge to see if the original results have changed.

Now my major issues with the Charge are the form factor/build and the hard buttons. as well as the UI (which can be changed).

I hate having to pay for 4G that only works on occasion.

Verizon doesn't care about any apps, they said if I have a 4G signal and can make and receive calls then there is nothing wrong. I have not called LG about this.

I have rooted the Revolution and understand that the Charge can be rooted as well.

I've heard that Gingerbread is coming to the LG sometime next month, but have no idea if that will fix the connectivity issues.

Given these facts does anyone have any suggestions/opinions about keeping the Revolution or Paying the $35 and getting a Charge?

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
All,

I hate having to pay for 4G that only works on occasion.

Just ask Verizon to stop charging you for 4g and just charge you for 3g. Ask how much they want to charge you for 3g first, because if they want to charge you similar prices for 3g and 4g, you might as well get the 4g instead of 3g.

Blammo79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Just ask Verizon to stop charging you for 4g and just charge you for 3g. Ask how much they want to charge you for 3g first, because if they want to charge you similar prices for 3g and 4g, you might as well get the 4g instead of 3g.

3g and 4g are the same price. There is no additional charge for 4g. I think the OP wants to make sure that he is able to use his device the way he intends on the network, and if the Revo isn't allowing him to use the apps he needs/wants, but the charge is, then by all means use the charge.

I would offer some insight to check out the xda forums, as there has been some developments with ROMs for the Revolution, but nothing too intense yet. OP: Im not sure why the apps won't work on the Revo, but I would maybe post your question to XDA as well, to see if you can get more info.

Hope this help.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If you still havent fix or traded your phone. What apps are not working for you? maybe you should list them so others can try them to see if itsthe app or your phone.

The Charge is a solid choice if you end up going back and change it. I would ask Verizon to wave the 35 dollar fee being that your returning/exchanging the phone do to a defect. Good luck