LG Revo 4g Mobile Hotspot & USB Mobile Broadband Tethering

cromaxs

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have connection issuse with either the 4g mobile hotspot or the broadband connection?

Here is my problem, I connect my phone to my Laptop and start surfing the web simple stuff checking my email ect. Everything works great like it supposed to for about 5 to 10 min then the internet connection just stoppes on my phone when I uncheck the mobile broadband connection and try to recheck it, it gives me a network error same goes for the mobile hotspot in fact I cant even search on my phone, and the only way to solve this problem is to reboot the phone and do it all over aggain and after 5 to 10 min boom it happens aggain. Any suggestions will be great cause I ve searched all over the web and no one has brought up this issue once. This isnt just in my area cause I travel everywhere and it happens in everstate whether its in a 4glte area or 3g area.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You know, I was surfing on my iPad the other day and the same thing happened to me. I was in a 3g area. I didn't think much of it because I was out of my home area, but I checked my work BB Tour and I had EVDO service and I could get on the web just fine. I haven't used the hot spot since. I will have to try it and see.

jnorwood32

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
It sounds a lot like the issues I have been having and the theory I have come up with is Verizon is blocking/censoring data/websites. I have a rooted Revo using Wifi Tether. As you all know Verizon wants us to pay and additional fee in order to tether. I am refusing to allow them to dictate how I utilize my data. My views aside, I have tested several different connections, computers/devices and this seems to be a fairly strong result. They can't find a way to stop the tethering so they have resorted to stopping the data that comes across by blocking/censoring websites. Let me know what you think.

Anyone else have connection issuse with either the 4g mobile hotspot or the broadband connection?

Here is my problem, I connect my phone to my Laptop and start surfing the web simple stuff checking my email ect. Everything works great like it supposed to for about 5 to 10 min then the internet connection just stoppes on my phone when I uncheck the mobile broadband connection and try to recheck it, it gives me a network error same goes for the mobile hotspot in fact I cant even search on my phone, and the only way to solve this problem is to reboot the phone and do it all over aggain and after 5 to 10 min boom it happens aggain. Any suggestions will be great cause I ve searched all over the web and no one has brought up this issue once. This isnt just in my area cause I travel everywhere and it happens in everstate whether its in a 4glte area or 3g area.