No love?

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I'll be switching to Verizon soon, and I think my LG is just an awesome device.

The spectrum 2 will likely be my first choice; but I'm wondering... is it that I'm the only one who wants this device, or has no one been able to actually purchase this phone in stores yet?

It seems odd that a $99 phone with these specs has no reviews, no forums, nothing.

I expect it to be like the viper, but a better body... and the viper has an amazing screen (2nd only to the HOX in my book) and is super fast. It's my first LG device, and first android phone, and it is just awesome. The LG ICS launcher is awesome too. I look forward to the same thing, but thinner and with a bigger screen.

Anyway, first thread on the device... fire away. Do you have it, do you want it, do you love or hate your LG phone?

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: No love

I'm switching to Verizon and noticed the spectrum online yesterday. I would get it but its only available online and I don't want to wait any longer:(

Update: Just went to the Verizon store and they have it! The display model felt nice (the back texture was a little strange but felt pretty grip-y). I like lg and expect no build quality issues. Well, if all goes well I'll have it by tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

NY Bassman

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I do have the LG Spectrum2, got it about a week ago.
So far so good, minus one or two pet peeves that i have. First and foremost: Does not come with Swype, which sux if you utilize as i do. Thats how i saw your blog, im looking for info to see if I can download swpe or swype beta I heard the beta version is awesome..
So if you are a hardcore "Swyper" this might not be the best phone choice.
The data is superfast, I am usually in a 4G area and holy cow its fast.
Gooood LUCK
:p

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I do have the LG Spectrum2, got it about a week ago.
So far so good, minus one or two pet peeves that i have. First and foremost: Does not come with Swype, which sux if you utilize as i do. Thats how i saw your blog, im looking for info to see if I can download swpe or swype beta I heard the beta version is awesome..
So if you are a hardcore "Swyper" this might not be the best phone choice.
The data is superfast, I am usually in a 4G area and holy cow its fast.
Gooood LUCK
:p

Go to the website and get the beta, which is better anyway. I've used it for months. It isn't really a beta, since Swype is always in beta.

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Swype beta on the spectrum 1. Just download it from their site. It's much better than the official version. It even has themes.

As far as the spectrum 2 goes, don't expect much attention for it. The first spectrum which I'm using now has been mostly ignored by developers. The spectrum 2 seems like a good phone for the money but the competition is stiff now and I just don't expect many people will be buying it.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I've been loving this phone so far, a couple annoying things here and there but really nice. I love the screen and gesture controls. Antutu score below if anyone cares lol
uploadfromtaptalk1352868282489.jpg
Sent from my VS930 4G using Android Central Forums

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I've been loving this phone so far, a couple annoying things here and there but really nice. I love the screen and gesture controls. Antutu score below if anyone cares lol
View attachment 46243

Wow that antutu score is not that high at all. I get 6700 on the first spectrum. On gingerbread with a custom Rom and overclocked I could get 7400+

But the question it's how smooth is it? Does it run smooth and does it open apps fast?

stillryan

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Wow that antutu score is not that high at all. I get 6700 on the first spectrum. On gingerbread with a custom Rom and overclocked I could get 7400+

But the question it's how smooth is it? Does it run smooth and does it open apps fast?

I've been using the Spectrum 2 for a few days and it seems plenty fast. I haven't had any issues. Apps open quick and the phone runs nice and smooth.

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Does it have gorilla glass? Played with one at the store. Felt light and kind of cheap but the screen was super awesome. Very tempting but who knows if it will get jellybean and the razor m has job now

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the gorilla glass but do not know for sure. I thought ac central had a review up?

LG has already stated that all the phones sold in 2012 will get jb at least

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I doubt the gorilla glass but do not know for sure. I thought ac central had a review up?

LG has already stated that all the phones sold in 2012 will get jb at least

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

It does in fact have gorilla glass. http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-spectrum-2-verizon-wireless-127091/

Also, isn't the spectrum 2 the US equivalent of the LTE II? If so we could probably expect jellybean fairly soon.

http://m.itproportal.com/2012/10/15/lg-optimus-lte-2-set-for-november-jelly-bean-upgrade/

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Does it have gorilla glass? Played with one at the store. Felt light and kind of cheap but the screen was super awesome. Very tempting but who knows if it will get jellybean and the razor m has job now

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

The screen on my LG Viper has a pretty "low end" resolution... but it is better than the M... it really is way, way better than it had any right to be. The HTC phones are the only ones I've seen that I think are better.

sent from my LG Viper

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The best android phone that I have ever used...Previously owned fascinate, razr , rezound, galaxy nexus, S3 and razr m...

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
The best android phone that I have ever used...Previously owned fascinate, razr , rezound, galaxy nexus, S3 and razr m...

Android Central seems to disagree. I, however, am super impressed. It can be a little laggy on the menu, but I like it as much as my nexus. And it was only $50 on amazon!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The reception is so much better than the nexus. Many reviews overlook that these days.

spect2owner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I too cannot understand the lack of attention this well priced, feature rich phone gets. I have had my LG2 since Nov.2012 and can honestly say this is the best phone I have ever owned. The lack of Swype was a bit of a downer but then I realized that you can get almost any app imaginable from Google Play Market so I downloaded Touchpal V5 which is a swype keyboard for free. This phone is Fantastic!! The screen clarity, speed, memory storage, etc.etc.. Just an all around great phone by LG would definetly recommend checking this phone out before paying more for a phone when this one does everthing.

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I picked up one of these phones for a great price on craigslist and I think its a great phone also. It does have a few quirks I don't like but, I've found them on every phone I've owned including GS3, all the RAZR phones, Note 2, Galaxy Nexus.

I wish I knew how to do coding/programming on phones. I would defiantly start on this one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance